1

"when my baby found me I was three days on a drunken sin"
- work song by hozier -

~~~~

The sky was a peaceful orange and the grass was a deep maroon stained shade. An unusual man walked up to a little boy who sat all alone, then whispering one word in to his ear.

"run"

The man then walked away, a million thoughts racing through his mind were clearly displayed onto his eyes. Winkles splattered his face like bark does a tree. The man looked young but old, the man looked wise but foolish. This man seemed uncertain, like no one really knew him but himself.

The words run filled the air, whisper screams of it bounced off the walls.

RING RING RING, Reagan shot up in a cold sweat with heavy breathing. The girl expierenced the same dream since before she could remember, but she would hardly call it a dream, she would consider it a nightmare. Every morning the word run filled her mind. Where should she run? Why should she run? What's she running from?

Reagan ignored the daily occurrence, then slamming her palm onto the top of her alarm clock reading the words 7:00 am. The brunette girl isn't exactly what people would call a morning person, but she has a job she must attend to to keep herself afloat. Speaking of job the girl gets up and starts getting ready, putting on a pair of low rise jeans and a black long sleeve top. She applied her iconic dark red lipstick like every other morning.

Walking out of her small room she shut the door behind her as she strutted towards kennedys room to wake up the other girl. Kennedy was the one thing thats stayed the same all of Reagan's life, the two girls were 15 when they met. Reagan was eating lunch in a bathroom stall during school when a raven haired girl popped her head over the wall on the other side of the stall, offering Reagan a cigarette and formally introducing herself a Kennedy. Although Reagan declined her offer of nicotine the two girls became inseparable. Kennedy talked and Reagan listened, Reagan cooked and Kennedy would clean. The two simply balanced eachother out.

With a quick four knocks she yelled "kennedy!! you've got half an hour to get ready!" and all she got in response was a muffled groan, that being enough for reagan to know her bestfriend was awake she walked towards the kicthen to make an easy "to-go" breakfast.

When the girls turned 18 they knew they wanted to get out, they didn't know where but they did know they wanted to leave. Neither girls had a fantastic childhood, kennedys mother was a drunk and her father was barley ever home and reagan lived in an orphanage and had to leave at 18 so the girls thought, why not get out together? ever since the two have been living in a small apartment in the heart of london and work in the same building as hair stylists together. They've been together from 15 to 23.

Kennedy strutted into the kitchen approaching reagan in a similar outfit, the dress code in their salon being a black top and whatever you deem appropriate for bottoms. Reagan tossed an apple to Kennedy.

"we've gotta head out right now if you wanna be on time kenny" reagan shuffled around the apartment gathering everything she needed for the day.

"shit! i can't find my keys!" kennedy patted down her pockets

"hold on hun" reagan walked over to the closet and reached her hand in the pockets of the jacket kennedy wore the day before, feeling the cool metal in the second pocket. "Found em" she said while stuffing them in her own pocket. The two shared a small car, it was rusty and beat down but it got them from point A to point B and that's all that mattered to them.

Both girls walked out the door and headed straight to their car which they named "Marty".

"ill drive?" the brunette offered waiting for a nod from her bestfriend which she returned instantly. Ducking into the car and switching gears into drive she drove on their usual path to their salon.

Kennedy turned on the car radio and slid in a britney spears CD, both girls jamming out and
preparing for a day like all the others, or so Reagan thought.

~~~~

Pulling into a parking lot connected to the modern building with a bright neon sign reading "TRIXIES SALON" the girls got out of the car and walked in going through the routine of opening the salon. Reagan flipped the closed sign to now read open, welcoming customers in for the day and waiting for other staff members to join them.

when the clock hit 12:00 reagan was counting down the minutes til her lunch break, she's already done 3 womens' hair, one lady wanted highlights, another wanted a trim, and another wanted layers. A pretty successful first half of the day reagan thought.

Spending the rest of her time with Kennedy and her client, she listened to Kennedys client spill all the drama and the two hairstylists carefully listened. I mean who wouldn't be invested in the fact that the clients bestfriend betrayed her by going for her ex, reagan thought to herself.

The next time reagan checked the clock she read the time 12:30, happily she hummed and got up from her spot leaving the client and her kennedy to themselves.

Happily walking out the door she headed to her favorite diner down the block to spend her break drinking coffee and scrolling the internet on her raggedy computer.

On the way she noticed something unusual that caught her eye, something she hasn't seen her entirety of her working at the salon.

She found herself stopped outside of a blue box, the brunette felt rather connected to this wooden booth, although she would never admit it thinking it sounded silly. The booth read the words "police box", reagan has never seen this police box in that spot, hell she hasn't seen a police box in london for years!

Finally tearing her eyes away and continuing to the diner she settled down and enjoyed her lunch break, her mind flickering every now and then to the blue box she saw.

~~~~

AUTHOR SPEAKS!
here we go you guys. first chapters out, a little boring obviously but we have to set the plot and everything. i don't know if you guys can tell or not but im very much so NOT british, sooooo ill try my best...

anyways thank u all for reading tho! luv yall!!!