3

"be still, my indelible friend you are unreaking"
- Wasteland Baby! by Hozier -

As Reagan made her way back to the salon the previous encounter she just had lingered in her head, the man stood out from everyone. The man seemed like he had a purpose, a purpose reagan felt like she never had. And the man felt familiar which sparked a curiosity in the girl. And why was he raving on about that police box that disappeared? What did he call it again, the TARDIS?

ding

The salon door rung as she entered the rundown building. Walking over to her station she got the area ready for her next customer.

"How was your break Ray Ray?" Kennedy sighed walking over to Reagan

Reagan turned towards her bestfriend while leaning on her table. "it was alright... i dunno, i ran into this strange man i guess?" she shrugged

"strange man? was he a cute?!" Kennedy squealed in hope for her bestfriend to finally have put herself out there in her love life

Rolling her eyes reagan replied "geez ken why is it that whenever i talk about a man he has to be cute? I'm never gonna see the guy again i just saw him on the street" she chuckled into the sentence

"never say never" the black haired girl pointed her finger at her best friend

"maybe you should get back to your job" Reagan took hold of Kennedys finger, moving it to point towards the entrance where new customers were waiting to be checked in. As Kennedy finally made her way towards the cash register Reagan patiently waited for her next customer to arrive.

Once she finally was alerted her next customer was waiting she walked over to the waiting room, looking at her pad of paper where she saw the customers name was written down.

Reagan looked back up "Prim?" she asked confidently, then a sweet looking woman stood up and walked over to her. She had mid length brown hair with bangs.

"Hi i'm Reagan i'll be your stylist today" she said warmly extending her hand out which the woman took with a soft shake "follow me to the chair"

~~~

Once 6:00 pm came around the two girls were finally done with their shifts, they hopped back into the car and started their drive back home.

"today felt soooo long" Kennedy dragged out the words in her sentence desperately

"tell me about it" but Reagan and Kennedy felt the day was long for two different reasons. Kennedy just had a lot of customers dragging out her day but Reagan had one thought on her mind the entire day making her feel insane. Who was that odd man? Why does he feel so familiar? And why can't she put her finger on why he's so familiar?

The raggedy car pulled up to the girls home, getting out of the car the air felt chilly making them even more eager to get inside and get comfortable.

They walked up to the door and Reagan's keys clanked together as she pulled them out of her purse, unlocking the door the two entered in and instantly felt a sigh of relief. Once the door was locked and Reagan slipped off her shoes she made her way to her bedroom. She swung open her bedroom door and started to take off her work clothes. Finding her way to her closet she grabbed herself a pair of brown boxers and a black tank top.

Slipping on her pajamas a slight gurgling sound came from her stomach. Walking to the kitchen she opened up the pantry and stood there for a good few minutes staring at the food sat before her then deciding on pasta for dinner. She lit up a pot of water and got out the spaghetti for once the pot boiled.

When the spaghetti was then ready she made a plate for her and her friend and walked over to the sofa where Kennedy was. Sitting down on the couch she flipped through the tv to see what was on when she came across a news station covering a new story of supposed aliens in london.

"what a bunch of horse shit. I mean aliens? come on! it's so painfully fake, green little men are never gonna be real" Kennedy passionately expressed to no one in particular

Except Reagan was a believer, the fact that there's a chance of extraterrestrial life somewhere out there kept her up at night. Both girls were total opposites yet they got along so well, just not on the topic of aliens.

"never say never" Reagan said using Kennedys own phrase against her teasingly

They then changed the channel once more to see that "Lost" was on with a new episode, beginning to eat and wind down the girls finished their day.

~~~

Making her way to bed Reagan dimmed her lights down low and crawled into her bed tucking herself in. She was left alone with her thoughts which got her thinking about her day, which got her thinking about the man she encountered earlier. She remembered his voice and tried to figure out where she's heard that voice before. Then she remembered his face and attempted at remembering where she's seen that face before, but after an hour of thinking she couldn't figure it out and gave up letting the sleep win her over.

~~~
AUTHOR SPEAKS!
be prepared for me to be the worst at updating...
i'm never active but i realllllyyyyy wanna do this story so i apologize!!

i just never have to motivation but right now i have covid and it's 12:30 in the morning so i thought what better do i have to do?

anywayssss ily guys and remember to vote and comment! i literally love seeing comments so please don't be a silent reader!

(i hopefully have more to come with this book and i have pleanty of ideas up my sleeve we just have to set the story up!!)