The Chapmans~7

I burst into daddy's office. "Daddy, I need about twenty million dollars." This is literally chump change to daddy.

"For what, the fifteen thousand dollars I give you monthly isn't enough?" He looked confused.

I give him a look. "No, it's for my boyfriend. We're getting serious."

He raises an eyebrow then laughs like I just told him an absurd joke. "A man taking you seriously? Oh god he must be an idiot. I hope he's using a condom."

"Well thanks, dad." I have thick skin. Anything my dad says doesn't really bother me. He'll probably just deposit some money into my account later to appease his and mother's guilt. They stopped trying to mold me into what I would never be and started focusing on damage control.

After having that conversation with Randal's parents yesterday I realized the man suffered enough for past sins and it was time he started living. I raise a brow at daddy.

He sighs closing his eyes. "Is a check fine?"

"Yep."

"If it's serious like you say bring him to dinner so we could meet him."

"Sure. Whatever." I grab the check and walk out.

"Polaris?"

"Hmm...?"

"I do love you." His eyes are serious.

"Sure. The check and the allowance are very reassuring."

~*~

Randal

Polaris dispatches a sleek black car to pick me up, and I find myself in quiet contemplation as I glide through the cityscape from the back seat. The anticipation builds as a majestic set of gates adorned with a prominent 'C' emerges on the horizon. Passing through a thorough security verification, we proceed beyond the gates, navigating a serpentine path along a lengthy driveway. The surroundings transform, revealing a striking mansion in a palette of pristine white and rich dark brown. At the center of the driveway, a regal statue portraying an Egyptian goddess commands attention. Our journey culminates as we come to a halt, positioned directly in front of an imposing staircase that ascends toward grand double doors, inviting me into the opulence that awaits beyond.

The grand doors open and a middle-aged woman dressed in uniform steps out. "Welcome, Mr. Hardy. Right this way." Guiding me with grace, she ushers me into a grand foyer adorned with meticulously arranged, exquisite works of art that speak of opulence. The expansive space unfolds, revealing a magnificent spiral staircase set against the backdrop of gleaming checkered floors below. Overhead, a resplendent crystal chandelier dangles from the ceiling, casting a cascade of shimmering light that enhances the already luxurious ambiance.

"Would you like any refreshments, Mr. Hardy?"

"No thanks," I respond. The staff member bows and quickly disappears out of sight.

A tall and fashionable dark skin woman who resembled Polaris enters the room. We shook hands and instead of the reaction I was used to getting from women, she studied me not letting go of my hand. "So, you're the man that has my sister acting like a charitable human being with a heart." She smiled conspiratorially as if she knew something I didn't. "Oh, I'm so glad. I'm Ariana by the way." Then she looked at the crouch of my slacks. "You must have really good d-

"You must be Randal," A beautiful and sophisticated older woman said. This was clearly Polaris's mother. A serious and haughty expression was plastered across her fine-boned features. Her chin was held high and proud. I maneuvered around Ariana.