Chapter 17

The first thought that pops into my head as I wake up isn't It's Christmas. It's I slept with Alex and it was great.

I never expected us to sleep together. Sure, I fantasized about it but that's far from reality. I didn't think she would want me too but she clearly did and it felt amazing. The sex was great, sure, but knowing she desires me as much as I desire her is what makes me really happy. We haven't talked about our feelings yet but I am very sure we will come to the same solution.

"Good morning." Alex mumbles.
I turn my head to look at her and smile. Her hair is a mess and standing up in pretty much every direction possible. But somehow she makes even that look good.

"Good morning and merry Christmas." I reply.

"You're very chipper in the morning." Alex notices and stretches.

"Of course I am, it's Christmas." I answer.
How could I not be chipper?
Today is one of the best days in the year and on top of that, there's the memory of last night. There is no reason for me to be in anything but a good mood.

"Right, your favorite day." She hums, her eyes still closed. I nod and roll closer to her, resting on my stomach.
"Don't tell me you aren't excited for the day."

Her eyes open and she takes a deep breath before a little smile turns her lips up. When she reaches her hand out to cup my face, the sheets around her shift and expose her almost naked chest. We didn't change much after our activities and both pretty much fell asleep as we were. It's kind of exciting to know that we're both naked from the waist down and sharing a bed.
Not that it has to lead anywhere, it's just thrilling in its own way.
I lean into her touch and put my hand on her arm.

"Maybe I am." She admits. Her eyes look so deeply into mine that I get the feeling she's not excited about today because it's Christmas. But she doesn't follow up her own words, so I can't know for sure and I won't ruin this calm moment by saying anything that could burst our bubble.

"You know what's very intriguing?" Alex asks while her thumb brushes against my cheek. I shake my head, a little too lost in her eyes to answer her question.

"The freckles on your face." She answers her own question, catching me totally off guard. My eyebrows raise in question. That's definitely nothing I ever heard before.

"Why are they intriguing?" I ask back and hold my breath when her hand moves further over my face, her finger tracing my lips. She hums while her eyes follow her finger before they meet back with mine.

"I don't quite know. It feels like they are holding some kind of secret that I can't figure out." She replies.

Despite her genuine tone of curiosity, there's also a smile on her face that makes my stomach flutter. I like the way she touches me all soft and careful as if I was fragile. It fits the moment, just like it fit the moment last night that she held my hips down. Somehow, she just knows what to do to get my body to ache for her, in whatever way.

She trails her finger further over my face. From my lips to my cheek and over my nose to the other cheek until she lands right above the corner of my right lip. It's such a light touch and yet feels so intense.

"One day I want to connect all of them into a map." She tells me and makes my heart jump.

One day. As in the future.

Which means this isn't going to end any time soon. The prospect of waking up with her more than just a handful of times and falling asleep to her on a regular basis is really tempting.

Images flood my head of us holding hands and walking through the mall, of us sitting in her living room watching a movie, of us being in the kitchen together while I help her cook. Maybe we get to make them come true one day.