Chapter 10

I can't really concentrate on what Jill is telling me while making breakfast for us. I'm still thinking about last night.
I was in such a haze that I didn't think about it anymore, which was fine for the moment but now leaves me overthinking even more.

We had a great time together and it was honestly better than I expected. Something between us just clicked and it all fell into place. Well, as much as a dynamic can fall into place.

We didn't switch positions for a while and silently talked as if speaking any louder would destroy everything.
I learned that Alex likes to work out and goes to the gym between two and three times a week. When I told her I am not a huge fan of sports, she told me that's perfectly fine because not everyone has to like the same things. She also likes to take pictures of things.
Learning she likes photography was another thing I wouldn't have expected but most people have some sort of creative hobby. I didn't press to see her pictures because the way she talked about it felt like it's something personal to her and since there are no pictures set up in her apartment, I'm guessing she wants to keep them to herself.

Maybe one day I'll know her well and earned her trust enough to see them. She also likes to observe people, which I am not so surprised by because she did that a lot when we were outside and it fits with the photography.
Alex also likes to play chess, which didn't surprise me but I liked hearing about it. I never played much chess but I know how to play and maybe one day we can play together.

There is probably a lot more to her person but those are the basics and I loved getting to know her some more. Not even for the fake relationship but for me, I want to know more about her and know what she enjoys and what she dislikes.

Eventually, we decided to watch a movie and I managed to convince her, with some discussion, to watch The Grinch with me. I didn't stay on her lap the whole time, I sat beside her and leaned my head against her shoulder while her arm was wrapped around me.
Her hand brushed up and down my arm, which was really relaxing. It felt so natural and normal to sit there with her like this, like it is supposed to be like that.

I wish it was, I really do. There were no further kisses or touches that weren't innocent. It was actually pretty peaceful and calm and for the duration of the movie I forgot the situation we are in. It's really easy to be around Alex now and feels less awkward than at first. I could really get used to this.

Alex took me home afterwards and wished me a good night. I fell asleep thinking about her while smiling and hoping to repeat this.

Now that I'm awake and sober again, I see things a little different though. It was still a great night and I wish to do it again but I am thinking more about what happened between us and the feelings that caused me. The feelings aren't all new, they just ignited and grew last night, which doesn't make it any easier though.

"I might as well talk to the eggs instead of you." Jill mutters while putting a plate with breakfast in front of me. I look up, having totally forgotten she was here too. I was too lost in my head and memories.

"Sorry." I say and try to give her my undivided attention. Well, most of it at least because the breakfast she made today looks pretty amazing.

"It's fine, what are best friends for if not to space out while you talk to them." She teases and I nudge her foot under the table with a smile. I know she doesn't mean it and isn't truly offended by this.

"What were you talking about?" I ask and pop a grape into my mouth. Jill waves it off and folds her hands above her own plate, looking straight at me.

"Doesn't matter right now. There's something on your mind and I'd like to know what it is, so I can decide if it's important enough to space out." She tells me and I smile a little.
We both tend to space out so she knows how it feels to miss a conversation. I like that about her and us because she would never be angry at me for that.