.Forty-Nine.

PRINCE SUNOO ran his hand through his blonde hair and shook his head to get his hair out of his face as he walked out of the throne room alone

PRINCE SUNOO ran his hand through his blonde hair and shook his head to get his hair out of his face as he walked out of the throne room alone. His leather shoes clicking against the floor as it resounded against the unending hallways. When suddenly he heard soft giggled erupt from the next hallway.

His brows furrowed, finding that laughter very familiar as another voice whispered angry things to the other party. Curiosity enveloped Sunoo as he walked towards where the sounds were, and to his surprise, he saw Niki laughing with Seulhyun in front of him, trying to tackle him.

What made Sunoo surprised was the smile on Niki's face. He was laughing so hard to the point where his hair was all over his face and his mouth was showing the nostalgic box-smile of his. His cheeks were flaming red and the wrinkles beneath his eyes deepened the more he laughed.

Sunoo couldn't believe his eyes as he never thought he could see his youngest brother laugh like that ever again. And the craziest part of it all was the reason for his laughter.

Sunoo's eyes landed on Seulhyun as her back faced him. She was the cause for his laughter. Sunoo always thought maybe if Niki did start laughing the way he used to, it would be because of him and his brother. But, no.

It was because of her. Someone not from their bloodline, a stranger- a foreigner. His best friend.

The older prince's mouth formed into a smile as well, mirroring the atmosphere. He dug his pocket and searched for a certain object. He took ahold of his loune and closed his eyes, capturing the memory in his head as the gem-shaped object slowly opened, catching the star floating above Sunoo's temple.

After the gem shut closed, Sunoo opened his eyes, keeping the memory box in his pocket.

A loune was a place where every living being kept their memories. It is shaped like a gem, symbolizing it's importance to the owner and it stores tiny stars—or known as their memories. Like a camera, a loune captures memories the owner has experienced and it can be replayed whenever the owner wants to.

"I can't believe it!" Seulhyun exclaimed, "You made me fell twice today, Niki." Her voice brought Sunoo back to reality.

Niki smiled happily, holding both Seulhyun's hands, containing her anger before she could hit his chest even more. "Both times were an accident!" He claimed.
Seulhyun's eyes widened. "You tackled me to the ground!"
"I didn't know you were so fragile-"

His last statement only angered the girl even more as she scoffed in disbelief. Fragile? Her? She is fragile? Frankly, she thinks she is far from being fragile. He is just too rough!

"Now, you're blaming me." She glared at him, wanting to cross her arms but was unable to with Niki's grip on her hands. Niki merely smiled, taking in both of her hands in one of his hands as his free hand flicked her forehead, earning a gasp from the latter.