.Fifty-Six.

THE DOOR SHUT with a click as Niki stepped out of the room, leaving Seulhyun with Sunoo and Daehil

THE DOOR SHUT with a click as Niki stepped out of the room, leaving Seulhyun with Sunoo and Daehil. Immediately after his departure, Daehil leaned forward towards her direction and squinted his eyes. "What happened?" Suspicion painted his face.

Seulhyun frowned. What is he talking about?
"Come on. Don't act naive. Clearly something happened!" He slapped both his hands on his thigh. Sunoo's lips twitched upwards, eyeing her as well, the question lingering in the air.

Clearly the both of them were already on the same page over the context of the question, however Seulhyun found difficulty following them. What were they going on about? Nothing happened? Well- other than the proposal and the realization Seulhyun was totally not safe in the castle at that moment- nothing happened. And Seulhyun assumed they didn't know those two information, so that was off the list.

"I don't follow." Seulhyun shrugged, leaning on the headrest. She watched as Sunoo and Daehil both sighed, pushed their hair back and leaned on their seat in sync. Now that gained her curiosity. Since when were they this close?

Now that she paid a closer look, they looked quite similar in some ways. Firstly, their striking blonde hair. Secondly, their fluffy cheeks—although Seulhyun noticed Sunoo's are easier to redden. Lastly, the way they look at people—they would always look at a stranger with the utmost judgmental looks, where their eyes look to the side. Terrifying.

"You and Prince Niki!"
Seulhyun snapped back into their topic, still as confused as she was. "What about me and Niki?" She questioned, her intonation squeezed the patience out of Daehil causing Sunoo to laugh at his extreme reaction.

Daehil was flailing his arms in frustration, explaining his question. "You and Prince Niki have been acting all odd ever since- I don't know- ever since our last meeting! It's maddening honestly!"

"You!" He pointed at her, "And him!" He pointed at the door, "are avoiding each other's eyes! What happened to the heart eyes you usually give him?!" His voice went an octave higher with every pause.

"Did you perhaps fought with him?"
Silence enveloped the room as Seulhyun reevaluated her answer choices. Should she spill the beans and be fully transparent with them? But wouldn't that stir more unwanted problems? So, she decided to lie.

"We didn't fight—" That wasn't a lie "—we just think we should be more professional as this is a meeting amongst Princes." That was a lie.

Frankly, Niki couldn't care less about professionalism, especially in front of Prince Daehil. If he had heard her lie, he would have laughed out loud.

Sunoo stared at her with his brows pulled together in a line. His eyes were questioning whether she was being serious of her answer and she avoided his gaze, looking at Prince Daehil instead. Meanwhile, Prince Daehil opened and shut his mouth, swallowing the other questions he had.