Nini and the Lizard

"Ha, got you! May May look I finally caught him!" Nini exclaims eagerly as he holds a lizard by the tail.

I blink as my brows furrow in concern. "Nini- wait you shouldn't be holding it like that-"

Too late, the tail snaps as the lizard goes air born before landing safely on the ground and sprinting as fast as its little legs can carry it, all the while Nightmare-

"Aaaahhh I killed him! I disabled him- why is it moving? WHY IS IT MOVING?" He screeches as he throws the twitching tail in a panic.

I let out a snort as I cover my mouth, trying and failing not to laugh at his absolute terror over the dumb situation.

"I-snrk- Nini it- it isn't dead. It- it'll-snort- g-grow another one. I-its a defense mechanism." I barely choke out as I let out breathless giggles.

"THEN WHY IS IT MOVING LIKE THAT?" He wails.

Oh fuck- I can't- I choke as I finally can't take it anymore and fall into a fit of uncontrollable laughter.

"THIS ISN'T A LAUGHING MATTER MAY MAY WHY IN THE STARS IS IT STILL MOVING?! IS IT SOME SORT OF BLACK MAGIC- JUST HOW- ITS NOT ATTATCHED TO THE LIZARD ANYMORE! IS THIS A CURSE? THE LIZARD JUST CURSED ME DIDN'T IT? AAAHHHHH- I'M SORRY! PLEASE DON'T CURSE ME MR. LIZARD I WON'T GRAB ANYMORE LIZARDS! PLEASE!" He breaks down into tears as he gets on his knees and prays.

I let out a dying wheeze as I wildly bang my fist on the ground.

"N-nini-gasp- please-!" I wheeze.

Nini however doesn't listen or perhaps he didn't hear me over my dying seal noises as he continues to frantically beg for forgiveness.

_____

This scene happens at one point during the 2 month time skip when he's learning Spanish in Chapter 24- The Book. Nini gets interested in trying to catch lizards and has in fact successfully caught some before, but this was the first time he caught one by the tail and didn't adjust his grip fast enough.

This was him when he first caught one:

May May briefly sees Reaper when she was laughing herself to death, but it was only for a moment and Reaper thinks he drank too much caffeine and is hallucinating

May May thought that Reaper was a bunch of black dots covering her vision, she didn't get to see his face before he disappeared.

When she finally can get her shit together, she tells Nini that no- the tail twitching isn't some kind of sorcery and gets into the science on how it works.

Nini wonders if its possible to die from shame.

May May is having a major kick out of it though and reminds him every so often he catches a lizard, which always makes him flustered and sometimes looses his grip and the lizard gets away.

She's never going to let him forget it. Ever.