|1|

Ok, this may be a bizzare idea and I'm most likely ruining the chances of that child to have loving family with parents and relatives, but there's no harm in asking right? And I promise to provide that child with everything I possibly can

Right now I'm sitting with social service officer Judy Thompson. She's a sweet 44 year old lady who has been working as a social worker since the past 2 decades.

"Hi, Miss Wilson. May I know the reason why you called me?" She spoke as I gestured her to sit.

"Hi, Mrs Thompson. I actually wanted to ask you a few questions. As you're aware I'm a Criminal lawyer, so I don't exactly know much about the kids department." I started.

"Of course Miss Wilson. It's my duty to help you. Ask away." She encouraged me.

"Ok so I was wondering if I could adopt? See, I'm 26 and unmarried. I myself am an orphan who has no family. Now I don't want to adopt a child, but more like a sibling. Someone who comes in the 13-17 age category." I inquired.

"Well Miss Wilson, that is a possibility but it'll be hard. It won't exactly be adoption but more like gaurdianship. If you do pursue this, you'll become the guardian rather than the parent. Now you are financially stable and I'm sure you can provide the child wih the best facilities out there. But the problem arises at unmarried. Usually the goal is to provide a child with a home where he or she has a motherly figure as well as a fatherly figure. But if the child is ready for this and you are ready to financially as well as emotionally and physically be there for the child, we might be able to do this." She calmly explained.

"Definitely. I'm ready to financially and emotionally support the child and be physically present for them. Now I just need to find a child who's willing to accept this as well." I affirmed.

"Great then. If you'd like, we can start the procedure now. I know a few orphanages and I can accompany you there." She added.

"That would be great. Let's go." And with that we both exited my firm.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Now this is Saint Louis Orphanage. You see that church over there? The father is Saint Louis. This is his orphanage."

We were now standing outside the gates of the first orphanage.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Sorry Miss Wilson, we can't give a child to you. You're an unmarried woman! How could you possibly take care of a child yourself?! No. There's no way I'll ruin a child's life like this. I'm sorry but you may leave."

And like that we were basically kicked out of Saint Louis Orphanage.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Miss Wilson, could I interest you in kids from a younger age group. I mean usually people like younger kids. The elders will turn 18 in a couple of years. The younger ones have more years ahead of them. The elders will no longer be with you once they're 18." The fat man sitting on the chair again threw one of his unwanted comments.