ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ⓵⓷

☆★☆ ✕〇✕〇 ★☆★

☆★☆ ✕〇✕〇 ★☆★

☆★☆ ✕〇✕〇 ★☆★

"The heart dies a slow death, shedding each hope like leaves until one day there are none. No hopes. Nothing remains."

☆★☆ ✕〇✕〇 ★☆★

[Saturday, 8:00 P.M]

"There's something you should know."

Despite the overly jovial atmosphere, the air around them seemed to grow thick with tension.

The suspense that followed Jenny's words grew heavy as it hung over the two girls in dead air.

Odette had no idea what it was that she supposedly needed to know, and she certainly couldn't understand why little Jenny Humphrey would be the one delivering said news.

It's not that she minded Jenny, but the two of them weren't exactly close. The younger blonde coming to her and saying something like this was weird, and the fact she couldn't seem to get the words out of her mouth was even more strange.

Jenny Humphrey always appeared rather timid, but the way she stood before her now, so meek and almost visibly shaking with nerves, put Odette on high alert. "Jenny?" As she calls her name, the two of them make direct eye contact. "What's wrong?"

Drawing an unsteady breath, Jenny unleashes, "You really went out of your way to help me that night at Kiss on the Lips. You didn't know me, really, and you didn't have to do that, but you looked out for me."

As Odette watches Jenny fumble over her words, she notices that, similar to the time before in the library, Jenny's nerves were triggering the onset of hives, which was causing blotches of red to spread across her neck and chest, further indicating her discomfort with this conversation.

"You looked out for me, and I appreciate that. So, I'm just showing you the same consideration. I mean, I am a little worried over what the backlash of me telling you this will be, but I also think that doesn't matter. What does matter is the truth."

Jenny's lips were moving in a frantic fashion and spewing a flurry of talk that appeared to lack any coherent meaning, at least anything that would be relevant to Odette.

"The truth? Okay... so, what's the truth then?" Narrowing her eyes in obvious confusion, Odette attempts to make sense of what she is saying. Jenny's behavior was really freaking her out.

Jenny's behavior was really freaking Jenny out too.

She had been so confident that this was the right thing to do, but now that the time had come to actually say it, she couldn't. She was saying everything but the point, and now she was regretting this whole thing. How was Odette going to react to this? What was she going to say, and what was she going to do with this information? Blair was no doubt going to find out it was Jenny that exposed her, and she was going to be livid. Jenny and Blair were never really friends, but still, she was mostly on her good side. And that was the right place to be when it came to Blair Waldorf. After this reveal, who knew what kind of social destruction and emotional annihilation awaited Jenny at the hands of Blair?