𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

➷。 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

"I'm not ready to go home yet," Ellison sighs to the slightly younger boy as they spend their final few minutes sitting outside the airport in his bronco.

Her voice seemed on the edge of breaking, and Connor quickly realized that he didn't like seeing his beautiful girl in pain.

His beautiful girl.

He was enamored before, with the only communication between them being daily FaceTimes and texts.

But spending an entire week with her finally sent him over the edge.

The way she easily lit up any room she was in. The way she quickly became best friends with his older sister. And most importantly the way his parents absolutely adored her from the very beginning.

Needless to say the week really did go by too fast, and he wasn't ready to let her go either. At least, not without solidifying one thing.

"I don't want you to go either," the boy tried to give her a small smile to try and boost her spirits, "just a month, and then we'll see each other again."

She returns his small smile nodding her head along, "you're right. one month 's nothing."

Connor sighs once again shaking his head, "it's not nothing."

She knew what he meant, yet she just didn't want to say it first, "definitely not nothing."

He grabbed her left hand over the console gripping it with both of his and squeezing tight like it was the last time he'd ever touch her.

"Be my girlfriend?" he blurted.

Slight shock adorned Ellison's face, but it was quickly replaced with an even bigger grin.

"I'd love that," she smiled squeezing his hand back and reaching over to press her lips to his warm cheek.

An adorable pout took over his face, "you missed."

The older blonde rolled her eyes jokingly, "you really are such a dork Connor Bedard."

"But I'm your dork," he winked pulling her lips up to meet his in a warm, sweet kiss.

The kiss was full of meaning and longing, both teenagers knowing what was to come next.

They both reluctantly pulled away as the alarm blared out from her phone alerting them that it was time for her to head inside.

She immediately turned it off wanting to throw it out the window for ruining the moment.

He pressed his forehead to hers closing his eyes and taking in the feeling. The feeling of her smooth skin and heavenly smell.

"I guess that's my cue," she awkwardly laughed trying to break the sad tension.

He couldn't help but grin back at her infectious laughter, "I'm gonna miss you Ellison Jade."

She smiled even wider at the use of her government name, "I'm gonna miss you more, but I'll be cheering you on next month."

"Supporting Canada eh?" he smiled.

"Not a chance. USA all the way," she grinned, "just a Connor Bedard fan."

"I'll take what I can get."

He squeezed her one final time before getting out of his side and going around to the trunk to retrieve her luggage.

She met him in the back throwing her arms around his neck squeezing him tight to her body.