𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

➷。 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

connor b ‹3 wants to facetime you...

accept | decline

"Hey pretty girl," Connor's voice fills the screen of the younger McGroarty twin on a random Saturday night in early October.

The two teenagers had been facetiming and messaging regularly over the last couple of weeks.

They had found a friendship in one another and maybe a little something more, yet both believed it was too early to have those thoughts.

For now their calls were filled with pleasantries and talks of each other's days, along with flirty banter that seemed so natural between the two.

"Hey Connie! You win your game tonight?" the blonde's voice boomed as she propped the phone up against her desk's mirror as she continued to get ready for her night out with friends.

"Yeah, we did. Moved us up a spot in the league," he spoke not being able to take his eyes away from the girl who was just so effortlessly stunning.

"That's wonderful Connor!" she turned her attention away from fixing her eyelashes and on to the boy who seemed in a daze as a small smile rested on his face.

"Yeah it's pretty good. I'm happy for the team" he spoke carrying his phone upstairs to his bedroom before shutting the door behind him and laying out across his bed.

"So what else are you up to for the rest of the night?" her soft voice fills his ears once again as she tidies up her desk.

"Probably nothing, May watch a movie and eat dinner or something. My parents and sister are out of town for the weekend so it's just me" he replied moving to lean back against his headboard.

"Are you feeling okay?" Ellison questioned him scrunching up her nose in a way the boy had found adorable in their daily calls.

"yeah, I think I just have a slight head cold. I'm good though" he waves the girl off as she continues to look concerned.

The girls concern doesn't waver, yet she grabs the phone before ending the call and opening the food delivery app.

She calls connor back minutes later and he answers with a confused look on his face.

"Where'd you go?" he questions the blonde as she resumes getting ready like nothing happened.

"Ordered you some food. Should be there in like 15" she answers casually flicking the mascara wand through her eyelashes once again.

The boy was surprised. He didn't know how to react. He had never received such care or concern for his well-being from anyone other than his parents.

It was a new feeling for him to feel so attached to someone who had just recently came into his life.

"Thank you Ellie. You didn't have to do that," he sent the girl a warm smile that she immediately returned with an even bigger grin.

"I know, but your parents are away and you don't need to leave the house in such chilly weather. It could worsen your cold" she says with a pointed look that says don't argue with me.

"I'll repay the favor one day" he promises.

"No worries. Sometimes superstars need to be taken care of too" she says "it's not like I could cook it for you. I'm states away."

"Don't remind me" he says in a gloomy tone "I really want to see you in person."

"One day sweet boy. Are you going to World Juniors in December? Nevermind. I'm sure you are, that was a dumb question. You're like the best player for canada and-."

He cuts her rambling off with a small laugh "yeah i'm going."

"Right. Sorry" she says sheepishly with rose-tinted cheeks.

"Don't be sorry" he laughs "you're cute when you talk a lot."

"Really? Most people thing it's annoying when I go on my little rambles. Especially my brother. He will literally leave the room mid-conversation because he says I don't get to my point quick enough" she giggles.

"That's lame. Extra details just make the story more fun" he says with a boyish grin.

"Right! That's what I tell him, but he doesn't have much patience. He's kind of random himself so we balance each other out I guess."

The girl hears the doorbell ring through the phone as the boy turns his head hearing the same thing.

"That must be my gourmet meal" he smiles redirecting his attention to the blonde girl who is now applying a coat of clear lip gloss.

"I better let you go. You look like you have a busy night ahead" he sighs.

"I'll call you tomorrow Connor. Enjoy your food and feel better" she smiles giving him her full attention.

"Thank you. You look beautiful by the way. Have fun and be safe tonight, alright?" he says promising to call her first thing the next morning.

She nods giving him a sweet smile "goodnight Connor."