-- Chapter five --

Chapter five: A Restart and the Continuation Event

" —No wait!" Boboiboy woke up with a desperate look on his face. Catching his breath, he then only realised that he had woken up in his room, again.

Which was strange.

No matter how he tried to think about it, he still couldn't get it. What did they mean by that?

Quickly, he shook his head, pushing those thoughts aside first, he would think about it later, for now, he had to find out what they do to his friends.

However, just when he was about to get down from his bed, the door to his room suddenly opened and Yaya's head popped out from the opened hole.

Blinking, it took a while before Yaya finally moved again as she quickly ran off and yelled, "Guys! Boboiboy is awake!"

Stunned by that action alone, it made the child wonder, what was going on right now?

He couldn't help but to ponder at the timeline he was in after that restart. And there was only one thing that came into his mind: Was it the time where he was still unconscious in his bed from the little rescue mission on that floating island?

He then paused when he suddenly remembered something. He knew for sure that they had met both Quake and Cyclone before those restart happened, and—

"Boboiboy, you're awake?" The child turned his head around to see Kaizo standing by the door frame, arms crossed together as his crimson eyes looked down at him. "How are you?"

It was an innocent question for him, that was for sure.

However, he felt that he was somewhat unable to respond, it was as if something had stolen his voice.

Though that wasn't really the case as he later found himself responding to the captain's question.

"A little dizzy, I think ...?" He said, furrowing his brows at the same time. He was unclear as to how he was right there and then, therefore he added another after his first response to the man. "Something is missing, that I can somehow tell, but I don't think I know what the void of it was."

Kaizo didn't say anything to it, all he did was let out a rather curious, yet serious hum, while making a thoughtful look on his face as he silently observed the child before him.

Though it wasn't long before he finally responded to the child. "Take another rest if you can, I shall inform the Commander about your condition and give us another week before returning back to the station."

Without even waiting for the child to respond, the man then left the room without another word.

Which left Boboiboy all alone in his own room.

As if all of the pressure were lifted all of the sudden, Boboiboy let out a large sigh of relief as he fell back down onto his bed. "I thought that I was about to be pressed under the imaginary pressure earlier ..."

"Should we do something about it earlier?"

The child huffed. "Leave it be, Cyclone. According to him, I'll have to go back to Tapops in a week, so doing something against the Captain is not something I wish to stir up upon right now."

With the sound of the flapping wings, the bird lay itself beside the child as it scowled at the response it was given with. "Fun killer."

Boboiboy only laughed at its words.

[xxx]

By the time Boboiboy had decided to come down, he wasn't really sure if he had expected for the entire house to be void of people.