-- Chapter three --

Chapter three: An Unexpected and Uninvited Guest

With the moon to fall and for the sun to rise, it was now the next day with Boboiboy waking up to see that no one but him was in his own room. Just like how he had seen right before he unknowingly fell asleep.

As he got up, the first thing he was greeted by was Quake, who sat there like a loyal dog it was, even though it was a proud wolf.

But he smiled at it anyway. "Good morning, Quake."

"Good morning to you too, child," it greeted back.

Rubbing his eyes sleepily, he then got up and sluggishly left the room. Just as he was walking down to the first floor, he was immediately greeted by the Captain himself.

"Good morning Boboiboy, I take it as if you had a good night's rest yesterday?" He greeted the child.

"Good morning," Boboiboy greeted back.

Glancing at the man through his sleepy eyes, he could see that Kaizo had a cup of hot coffee in his hand, making it seem like he wasn't really a morning person.

But as he looked around, he could see that his friends, sans Gopal, he wasn't sure where the dark skin boy went but he hadn't seen him since yesterday morning, were sounding asleep on the living room's couches.

It made the child wonder if they had gotten any sleep last night.

"What are you thinking Boboiboy?" Kaizo suddenly asked, breaking him out of his thoughtful look.

This made him blink, "Nothing, just wondering."

Kaizo hummed, but Boboiboy knew better. He knew that the man did not fully believe his words when he responded earlier.

And he knew better to confront the man about it.

As if Kaizo had read his mind, he took another sip of his coffee before speaking to him, "If you wanted to know what happened to them, then they were merely ... exhausted from the continuation of the mission, for they had to burn the night oil for it."

Merely exhausted?

Boboiboy actually doubted that one, because he was sure there was something else going on while he was asleep, but he decided to not ask him about it.

[xxx]

The night before the morning rose, a day before present time, on the island that floated, there was a spaceship chasing after a large robot, which it was desperate to escape from the spaceship as it flew as quick as it could.

"I need to escape from here and find them, and fast."

The robot looked behind it, eyes narrowed before it activated its power.

"I hope that this is the right choice to make."

The root glowed as the light covered the entire island before they along with the island itself vanished right before the spaceship, leaving the ship all alone.

A few minutes later, the island reappeared in the middle of the ocean, somewhere on Earth. The robot stood at the highest mountain, looking around cautiously to see if there were any threats around it.

When it saw nothing, it sighed in relief.

"Now that I'm currently safe, I need to contact him," it muttered under its breath. "He might have the answer I need."

[xxx]

It was an hour after Boboiboy woke up when Kaizo suddenly received a message from his watch, minutes after he had secretly told the gang, sans Boboiboy himself, that they would be remaining here for another day or two.