《Chapter 26》

There was a moment where they just enjoyed a special second together. It was even better as they were in a romantic setting like that rooftop. They were looking into one another's eyes, making her feel like the world around her had gone silent because she had been so focused on him by the time the date was over. They had great conversations with flirtatious movements in between them. He had ordered Italian food, ironically. Mina loved it, though. Noel showed her the rooftop that was furnished with patio furniture. It was all dark-themed and very stylish. He had brought a blanket and pillows for them to share. He wanted to stargaze with her. But he couldn't help but gaze at her beauty as well.

That was then on their cherished first date. Now by the next week or so, Noel was in a faul mood. He had found out about the French social media and art vloggers who spoke on his behalf. They patronized him for being a flake on his mural design and lack of social exchange these past few months.

"So they're mad because you've taken a hiatus. Like you said." Mina remembered him telling her a bit of information on the subject. In the art world, everyone is a critic. Especially those who live off of sharing opinions on social media, they were the painters, photographers, sculptures, and so forth in France that influenced people the most because of their status.

"Do you want to post that you're in America to get them to ease off?"

They were at Noel's family home where only his niece was home having a quiet summer since she had decided not to go anywhere with her friends. Something was mentioned about backstabbing and stealing by Monique earlier when Mina arrived.

He furrowed his eyebrows and then nodded, "Yes, in fact, let's go outside right now. Let me find my tripod first."

"Really? Not a selfie?" Mina teased but did wonder if he ever took some. All she had seen on his social media page was his artwork and him with other artists and group photos. Never with just himself or any females which she was secretly happy about. She did search his entire Instagram profile in two days, not to mention his other socials that she hasn't finished getting to know.

"Why? I want you in the photo, too."

She felt her cheeks blush, the butterflies going wild inside her gut. This was technically a big step in their relationship, him being an artist with over twenty thousand followers and a huge title in the young adult art world in France now. "Oh-Okay."

This time, it felt different when taking photos together. They had to find the perfect angle and move around for nondirect sunlight. She could manage taking directions just fine, but he was a different story. In the end, they took multiple photos together that captured them very much bonded together. The pictures spoke a thousand words, each judging from the fact that five minutes later, he was getting hearts, faces, and fire emojis, among other types, as in the comment section. People wanted to know her and their relationship. They quote on quote, 'shipped' them. Which was great because it was exactly what she wanted. "Well, what're your fans saying?"

"They're calling you my muse...and they're not wrong" He smirked at her when he looked up from his phone.

"So they expect some good art coming soon, right?" She gave him a knowing.

He put his phone away and gave her his undivided attention. "Of course. And I will deliver."

Mina held out her hand, and he took it. With intertwined fingers, they made their inside.

"Can we go see your paintings again?"

Noel guided her to his makeshift gallery and let her wander as she pleased. He watched her face and every inch of movement, every expression to find what she was thinking. She finally settled on a blank wall and pointed at it. "This is where your new painting should be."

He had a slight grin, and she waited for his response. "My muse telling me what to do, this is definitely a first."

Mina rolled her eyes and explained she just wanted to help him. He nodded and held her in his arms. She loved his arms, his hugs were the most comforting, and they felt like a warm winter blanket surrounding her body. After that moment, they decided it was time to make some art together. He only let her choose some colors, but she modeled for him. She couldn't see a thing, but she was excited. He said he wanted to surprise her. She thought it was a lovely gesture.

"Ya'know, when I agreed to model for this painting, I didn't expect it to take so long." Mina's muscles ached. It felt like she was doing plank exercises for over an hour with ten-minute breaks.

Noel cracked a smile, "Most models stay quiet while being the parfaite muse." she knew it was a joke by the look in his eyes, but it didn't withhold the scowl she gave him. He reassured her she was doing a fantastic job and continued. (translation: perfect)

A couple of hours later, Mina headed home for the night. The painting needed to dry, and he didn't want her to see it until it was perfect. And it was a good excuse to leave before nightfall. It had been getting extremely difficult to control their urges at this time of their relationship. However, her mother always said that only the patient man would be worth her while. Of course, she was going to take advice about these things from a woman who has been married for over thirty years and still has a happy family at her side.

When she arrived home, Harvey was asleep on the windowsill. She took a much-needed cold shower and went to bed herself. That is until she heard someone light knocking at her front door. "Who is the hell..."

She got out of bed and tip-toed into the kitchen and felt goosebumps run down her arms. It got colder out in the front room of her little apartment after she had already been warmed up by her cozy bed and blankets. Not thinking about it too hard, she grabbed a frying pan out of the lower cupboard as silently as she could. The knocking at the door was increasingly louder by now. A couple of people came to mind as to who it could be on the other side of the door at the door, although she didn't feel like finding out. Mina took cautious steps toward the door and looked through the peephole. And of course, it had to be the one and only brother of hers. She knew that mop-head of brown hair anywhere.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance and opened the door to let him inside, "What are you doing here, Geo?" with the frying pan still in her hand as she bent her arm on her hip.

"I was in the neighborhood..."