69 lol

Uhm just a note I don't hc any of these sillies to be siblings so please don't kill me thank you and also thank you for reading my shit hooray,,,,,,,,,,

they/them for Six and he/they for Nine!!!

            It's a sunny day at the Equation Playground, and everyone is enjoying themselves as usual. Six, however, sits idly to the side, seeming despondent and bored. They grumble, rolling over onto their back and looking up at the sky, their face wrinkled with irritation of some kind. Out of nowhere, someone is heard yelling. Six recognizes the high-pitched screams immediately, the annoying sound being interrupted by squeaky voice cracks, and it's getting... louder? No, closer! Six sits up, but it's a little bit too late to jump out of the way. "Yo Sixer, watch out man!!!" Nine yells, only crash into them a moment later, flying into them on his skateboard. Six cries out angrily, being laid flat on the ground by the clumsy number. 

            They groan, dazed as they sit up. They quickly shake it off, immediately being filled with rage as they jump to their feet. "NINE! What the hell was that for?! Watch where you're going, you idiot!" they yell, stomping over to Nine. Nine rolls over on his back, groaning in pain. His sunglasses are broken, and he sits up, wincing in pain as he looks up at Six guiltily. "Seriously! Are you just gonna look at me like that, or are you gonna say sorry?! I deserve an apology!" Nine sighs shakily, flinching as Six screams at them. "Listen... I'm sorry man, I lost control... I didn't mean to-'' he cuts himself off, his voice cracking and nearly silent. Six growls, clenching their fists, their sharp claws protracted. "I don't care! You need to be more careful! I-" They go quiet, trailing off as tears trickle down Nine's face, hushed sobs escaping him. 

            Six steps back, not sure of what to do. 'Has Nine ever... cried before...? Why is this happening?' They look to the side, relaxing a little bit and standing there awkwardly. "Dude... I said I was sorry..." Nine says quietly, humiliated. Six just stands there, and the two do nothing for several minutes, the tension between them visible. "Are you just gonna stare at me...? What do you want? I said I was sorry!" Nine snaps, His voice still shaky. Six doesn't say anything, takes a step back, and runs away. Nine just sits there, bewildered at why they just left like that. He sighs, picking up his broken sunglasses and leaving to go home.

 ~time skip~ 

           it's almost evening now, and throughout the day Six couldn't think about anything other than Nine crying, after they yelled at him like that. 'Am I really in the wrong...? Nine ordinarily puts up a tough front, was I really that...harsh...?' Six grumbles, mushing their face around with their hands frustratedly. "Six!" Eight walks up, sitting next to Six in the grass. "*sigh*... Yes, Eight? I'm kind of busy..." Eight folds their arms, giving Six a look. "Busy doing what? Being mad?" Six rolls their eyes. "I don't know what's going on, but Nine's been off all day, and you're always around him. I'm guessing some kind of fight happened, but aren't you guys best friends or something?" Six looks at the ground, feeling even more guilty as they pull out individual blades of grass from the ground.

            'Eight's right... we are best friends... Nine shouldn't take the blunt end just cause I was having a bad day. He really did make an honest mistake, and I shouldn't have yelled at him like that...' "Uhm... hello? Six? You don't have to tell me about it, but did you even hear me?" Six stands up suddenly, startling Eight. They turn around, a fat, devious smile on their face all of a sudden. "You're right, I gotta go! Thanks Eight!" Eight sits there with a confused expression on his face, having no idea what just happened. "I literally just asked him what was wrong. I'm never gonna understand that integer..." 

~time skip again because I'm LAZY~ 

               Nine is sitting by himself, still feeling hurt from earlier for running into Six. He sighs, watching Three and Five play catch like how they usually do. Small, rapid footsteps catch his attention, and he turns around, getting tackled by a short blue integer. "Ahh! Six, what do you want?!" Nine shouts, relaxing as soon as he realizes... they're not here to beat him up? Six clings to Nine, hugging him tightly. Nine blushes, confused by what's going on. "Uh... Si-" Six sits up, hands on Nine's shoulders, a determined expression on their face. "Nine. I wanted to tell you that... I'm sorry. I've been thinking about what happened this morning all day, and to be honest... I could barely live without you. You're my closest friend, and I'm sorry it took me so long to realize how important you are to me." Six hugs Nine again, the words making a huge, goofy smile come to his face. 

            "You're really not mad at me, Sixer? After clobbering you?" Six shakes their head, a small smile on their face. "How could I stay mad at you for long? We're like... peas in a pod, or something!! I'm so sorry, Nine. I was having a bad day, and I just want you to know..." Six sighs, making eye contact with Nine, their hands on his shoulders, making the off-white integer turn bright red. "I care about you so much..." Six blushes, realizing how intimate this "apology" has gotten. Nine rubs their arm, lifting up his new sunglasses and gazing back at Six. "I know. I forgive you. I'll be more careful next time, I promise." Six smiles, their eyes half-lidded with relief as they gaze into Nine's eyes, and he gazes back. 

           All of a sudden Seven can be heard shouting from nearby. "Would you two get a room?" Six furrows their eyebrows, face wrinkling as it flushes dark blue. "SHUT UP SEVEN! When did you even get here?!" He laughs, running away before Six can do anything about it. "Yo, Sixer, don't pay him any mind..." Nine says softly, his voice dropping down a little. He places his hand on Six's cheek, caressing it with a gentleness that makes them relax entirely. "Nine... I, uh... hh..." Six mutters softly, and Nine smiles. "Is this okay? I, uh... am kinda new to this." He admits, slightly awkward. Six just nods, speechless at this new side of Nine. Speechless at how... perfect he seems in the moment. He leans in, face almost touching Six's. 

            "You really forgive me...? You... love me, even after how badly I treat you sometimes?" Nine shushes them gently, putting his finger to their lips. "Shh. You're too hard on yourself, man. You just have some trouble controlling yourself sometimes, I get it. I couldn't possibly hate you for that. And I..." He pauses for a moment, a sheepish smile coming to his flushed face. "I do love you. It took me a long time to be able to say." Six leans in, pressing his lips against Nine's. Nine jumps, eventually closing his eyes and leaning into the kiss eagerly, holding Six close by the sides of their body. 

             Six pulls away after a second longer, burying their face in Nine's chest. Their face is flushed dark blue, and they flusteredly grumble under their breath. Nine chuckles, sitting back against the tree. "Wow. It's great to finally be able to say this, but you're adorable, actually. Even though you've tried to kill me once or twice." Six huffs. "Yeah, yeah. Don't think you can say that all the time if this is gonna be a thing, or it's gonna be more than once or twice." They joke, a small smile on their face. Nine smiles back, hugging them tightly and holding them close for a while longer. Looks like the two couldn't hate each other for long after all.

Eh... I'm not sure I like how I wrote this one a whole lot but there ya go I needed to post something