08

Quinn looked around, searching for a certain blond-haired boy. She hasn't seen him in a while, since she was busy with reading. Finally with enough time to talk to him, she ran down many corridors, peering through all of the classroom windows.

Soon, she had roped Linda into joining her in the search. The artist had been busy drawing in her room, but she didn't mind helping the worried girl.

"Maybe he's in the library? He's always studying," Linda advised.

So busy with searching for her friend, Quinn doesn't notice when she accidentally bumps shoulders with a concerned Matt.

"Are you looking for something?" He pushed his glasses up. "Need some help?"

Quinn broke out of her anxious state, meeting eyes with Matt.  "I haven't seen Mello. Maybe you know where he is?"

Matt looks at her in surprise. "He didn't tell you yet?"

"Tell me what?" She asked, wondering what could have possibly happened. "Is he busy today?" Quinn was ready to search the nearest classroom.

Matt stops her from walking away, putting a hand on her shoulder. "It's not that...go ask him. He's in his room. I'm sure he can tell you himself. It's not my business to say."

Quinn's eyes filled with worry. "Did something happen?" She dashed across the halls, leaving a stunned Matt behind.

"Sorry about her. She's probably just troubled because she hasn't talked to him in a while," Linda reassured him.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Mello!" Quinn said as slammed open the door to his room, the hinges creaking loudly. "Are you alright!?" Usually, she would have been more cordial with her entrance, but she had not seen him in days, and she had become increasingly worried as she searched.

Instead of spotting the blond, she was met with complete silence. No one was in his room. In fact, it was completely bare. No band posters, no textbooks, and no chocolate! All that was left was an old suitcase in the middle of the room. Was he going somewhere?

It couldn't have been a group trip. No one had been informed. From the fact that Mello had just turned fifteen, and the fact that he was called to the office a few days prior...

Her eyes widened in realization.

"Quinn?"

She was broken out of her train of thought, turning around to meet eyes with blue ones.

"Mello!" She grinned. "I've been looking everywhere for you!"

His shoulders tensed as he processed her words.

Quinn's smile quickly dropped when she remembered what she was here for. "Matt said you had something to tell me, but it's pretty clear now."

Mello diverted his eyes, not willing to look at her disappointed face.

"You're leaving, aren't you?"