Failure by heart

I pull up to the race. It was filled with best of the best. I saw Skylar's car so I parked next to him. "Hey man, how did you get out of being with your bitch?" "First of all Emma is not a bitch, and I drugged her ass." He smirked at me. "You are terrible." "She wont even know I am gone." I scope the area. "Seems clean." "I checked the people out you should win your area easily." "Man 100,000 dollars would look nice in my bank account." Skylar rolls his eyes. "Dude your freaking loaded. These races have treated you well." "Life has treated me well my friend. I got all I could want. Nice ass girl, good job, money in the bank." "You have always got the girls David. Even in jail them men be trying to get at you." "Dude shut the fuck up." I smile and hop

I love the sound of revving engines. I knew I would have this. Hell I am top of the line. The girl comes out and waves the flag and we started. The track had the similar twists and turns that ours had back home so it was pretty simple. We were neck and neck so I hit the gas as hard as I could. I was ahead. I was almost at the end. I was doing great. I was just at the end when I saw Emma. "How the fuck." She was walking a crossed the street the other car struck her. I crossed the line and jumped out of the car. There she was laying on the ground. "Call 911!!!!!" I began CPR on her. Tears filled my eyes. "Come on Emma stay with me baby." Skylar runs over. "Dude." "Its Emma, The other car struck her she is now breathing but she is out," I hear syrens and everyone scatters. Skylar made sure the other guy stayed so it didn't become a hit and run.

The hospital was buzzing. I sat in the waiting room basically feeling like shit about what I did. They were stabilizing her and running test. Skylar had gone down to the Café to get food. I am the worst person on the face of the earth. There are charges pending on the other guy but non against me. I might see if I can get them dropped just because we were both racing. "Mr. Harris?" I look over to see a skinny short blonde standing near me. "Yes?" "I am Dr. Lipchitz, I have the results of Emma's test. She will be ok just a broken arm but the hit sent her body into shock which caused it to shut down. We are feeding medication into her to see if it will help her. She will wake up its just a matter of time. "How long does it usually take?" "It can go from a day to a week maybe a few months." I just put my head down. "Can I see her?" She takes me back to her room and there she was.

Wires covering her body, she didn't have a breathing tube thank god. He bod covered in cuts, she looked so helpless. I walk over and grab her hand. Emma, I am so sorry for all of this. This is all my fault. I was selfish, Now your laying in here helpless. This was supposed to be the best vacation and I took off and did the most stupidest thing. I am sorry Emma. I hope when you wake up you can forgive me." I felt her squeeze my hand. "Emma? You can hear me?" Her eyes move and she wakes up. I was crying at this point.

"I forgive you, did you win?" "Yes I did but that doesn't matter right now, I am just happy your alive and awake." "The medicine that is in me makes me feel like I have to do a million things. When can I leave?" I hit the nurses button and they come in and examine her. "We want to keep her to make sure she is ok. This could only be temporary that she is awake." She leaves to show the Dr. the charts. Skylar walks in with flowers. "Emma, this is my best friend Skylar, Skylar this is my girlfriend Emma." "Nice to meet you Skylar, thanks for the flowers." "He smiles and kisses her cheek. "Anything for a beautiful girl like you." She blushes.

I sat there with her feeling like complete shit, I knew she didn't just forgive me. "Why did you forgive me after what I did?" "Like I said I cant keep you from what you want to do. I am mad that you drugged me instead of telling me. I am just sick of drama and I don't want anymore of it so I am going to forgive to forget. I just want to get out of here and enjoy the last few days I have to spend here with the man that I love." I smile and kiss her intensely.   "I love you." "I love you to."

I had spent the night with her so she wouldn't feel alone. The Dr. came in and told me they would let her go if her last bit of tests came back ok. I was nervous that they wouldn't. She was still asleep when the Dr. called me out. "She can go home but keep all the excitement to a minimum for her." She smiles at me. I go in and wake her up. We get ready and take her back to the hotel. She walks in and sits on the bed. "I am happy to be back here." I sit next to her and just kiss her. "I love you so much and I promise I am not going to race anymore" She smiles and kisses me intensely. "Thank you baby." " Want to go get some food?" "Yes." She undresses in front of me which made me drool over her sexy body. She throws on a tank top and some shorts. She rips off her cast and throws it away. "Why are you doing that?" "It affect my tan and I know its not going to matter. I have broken my arm many of times." I grab her hand as we walk out to the car.

We ended up driving down to a restaurant by the water. It was a nice place. They sat us down right near the water. She looked so beautiful. All I could focus on was her. The waiter comes over and gives us our menus and takes our drink orders. He walks away and we look at the menu. "I think I am going to get fish." "Ewe fish." I smile at her. "Well what are you going to get Emma?" "I think I am going to get buffalo chicken strips and sweet potato fries." "Ewe." hha. "I am glad you are ok baby." "Me to."

We order our food and just talk about random things. She always had something to say about anything. That's one of the things I loved about her. Our food comes and I throw a piece of fish at her. "You dick." She smiles and throws it to a sigil. "Hey I was going to eat that. "Well that's what you get." We eat our food then decide to walk along the beach. I was having a lovely night with her and I wanted to make it better. I had Skylar do a little favor for me before we left for Florida. I stop her as we were walking. "Emma, I love you so much and every day I spend with you is a dream come true. I know I have made some mistakes in the past but I am willing to make you trust me again." I get down on one knee. "Will you marry me?" Before she could say anything a cop comes over to me. "Are you David Harris?" "Yes I am?" "You are under arrest for illegal street racing." I look at Emma. "I will take care of it David. I promise."

I was taken in and processed. I was put in a cell where I see Skylar. "They got you to." "Yeah they did, right when I was proposing to Emma." "Did she give you an answer?" "No I was taken away before she could." "Well were facing jail time but it shouldn't be that bad. We go to see the judge in the morning, So I really don't know what to do." We sat there for at least 3 hours before a cop came over to our cell. He gave us a pillow and a blanket each. I just layed there all night thinking about Emma. I hope she's ok, I hope she's not mad at me.