Morning After

As the morning light filtered through the curtains, Minty gradually awakened to the dull throb of a headache. The remnants of the night's revelry lingered as she slowly became aware of her surroundings.

Blinking against the morning haze, she found herself in an unfamiliar room. It took a moment for the events of the previous night to resurface—the nightclub, the unexpected intoxication, and the protective presence of Dominik.

With a slight groan, Minty shifted, and that's when she became acutely aware of the warmth beneath her. She looked down, her eyes widening in realization—she was cradled on Dominik's chest, her head nestled against his bare skin.

The steady rise and fall of Dominik's chest, the rhythmic beating of his heart, created a comforting backdrop to the hazy morning. Minty's initial surprise gave way to a mix of emotions—confusion, gratitude, and a subtle sense of vulnerability.

She carefully disentangled herself, mindful not to disturb Dominik's peaceful slumber. As she sat up, a wave of dizziness washed over her, a reminder of the indulgence of the previous night. Glancing around the room, Minty spotted a glass of water on the bedside table and a note from Dominik.

"Morning, Minty. Water and pain relievers on the table. Take your time. - Dom"

With a small smile, Minty reached for the water and the offered pain relievers. The snowy streets of Liverpool might have disappeared, but the morning after held its own quiet beauty. The room, a sanctuary from the outside world, allowed Minty a moment to collect her thoughts.

As she sipped the water, the events of the night unfolded in her mind—the unexpected call to Dominik, the protective intervention, and the journey to his house. The morning light cast a gentle glow, illuminating the complexities of their connection.

The snowy streets might have melted away, but the warmth of the morning, the gentle rise and fall of Dominik's chest, and the subtle intimacy of the moment lingered—a testament to the evolving story of Minty and Dominik, navigating the twists and turns of their shared journey.