Chapter 3- A New Neighbour

After attending three other boring classes, it was finally lunchtime. I hadn't had my breakfast today and I was absolutely starving!

I made my way towards an empty table. I was munching on fries, revising for my math quiz when I heard a familiar voice.

"Well, I don't really know anyone around here. Mind if I sit?" Adam questioned.

I nodded. Indicating that he could sit with me.

"So, I don't think you really have many friends here , are u new too?" He asked.

"It's been two years since I joined." I said, avoiding eye contact.

He just sat there with a bewildered look on his face. We finished our meals in silence. I stood up to dump my lunch tray and saw him looking at me.

"Um, so.... I'll see you around?"

I nodded.

______________________________________

School was finally over. I headed home with today's events going around in my head.

" Hey honey, how was school?" Mom chirped.

" It was fine." I said as I headed to my room.

I was finishing up with my homework when mom called for dinner. I walked down the stairs to see Mum setting the table. After dinner, I didn't even bother to study for my bio quiz. I got in bed straight away, I'd had a tiring day.

______________________________________

I woke up to the sound of a truck pulling up near our house.

After getting ready for school, I sprinted down the stairs to see my mom talking with a lady.

She didn't seem too old,she looked like she was in her fourties. My mom waved to me.

"Oh hey, honey, you're up. This is Mrs.Davis, our new neighbour." said mum.

"Oh, hello Mrs.Davis!!", I chirped, forcing a smile.

"Hello dear ", she said , with a smile.