Monsters!

"Elsa, please, life's too short for you to shut me out! Imagine all we can do if we could live everyday like we did when we were kids!" Anna ran up the stairs and grabbed Elsa's hand into her own. 

Elsa turns to her to face her, a pained smile on her face. "But you have a whole life ahead of you. I don't want to ruin it. Now you can live your life without me or the gates in your way." 

"I am not giving up on you just like you gave up on me! I need you. Arendelle needs you." 

Elsa runs down the stairs and goes to the place where the Coronians were, longing in her eyes. "You can be queen of Arendelle now. There. Now leave me alone!" the wind started to get faster, carrying snow. 

Anna smiles and reaches out to her sister. "Even if I was the queen, you're still the only one who can thaw the snow." 

The blizzard around them gets faster. "What?! Thaw the snow, Anna, it's the middle of July!" Elsa's voice shook with fear. 

"You sorta froze the whole kingdom, but you can fix it, right? Of course you can!" 

"I CAN'T!" Elsa's fear was so strong that the blizzard was sucked into her and was released in a single spike of energy, shooting towards them like a bullet. Varian closed his eyes, then opened them when he didn't feel anything. What he saw made his jaw drop. 

A solid wall of ice, thick enough to stop the blast and thin enough for it to still be transparent, had formed between them and the two siblings. Then it crumbled like it was made of sand and Rapunzel saw Anna fall to her knees, clearly in pain. 

"Anna!" Rapunzel reached out to the teen's hand and she slowly, shakily stood up. Elsa backed away, horrified, confused, and awed at the same time. 

"Princess, I think we should go." Eugene said to Anna. She set her feet onto the ground. 

"No! Elsa, we are not taking a foot off of this mountain without you." 

Elsa looks at her, heart aching but determined to keep her safe. "Yes. Yes, you are." a giant snowman formed in front of their eyes. Varian shuddered when it reminded him of his Automatons.

Varian unknowingly made a wall of spikes between the marshmallow-like creature and them. He took a step back and the spikes grew, fending him off. He turned to his friends. "Go. I'll fend it off." 

Eugene watches him try to block the enormous snowman's arms with his own ice. "Buddy, we're not leaving--" 

"Just go!" 

Rapunzel took Eugene's hand in hers. "Let's go." they trot out of the palace, trying not to slip. 

The Marshmallow breaks his ice wall and runs outside. This was a little harder than he thought it'd be. 

---

They walked down the mountain, Anna talking to herself from nervousness. "Well, that was...disastrous." Eugene said, trying to break their silence. Rapunzel glared at him and bumped into him. 

Rapunzel puts a hand on Anna's freckles shoulder. "We're getting your sister back. I promise. But first we have to get to Arendelle and get to a doctor." Rapunzel gives the younger woman a small smile, which Anna gives back. 

Then Anna stops walking, looking at the boulders in front of her. "Wait. This place looks familiar." she puts a hand to one of the rocks and jumps back when it unfurls, like a hedgehog, into a humanoid rock like thing Eugene can only describe as a gargoyle. 

Anna gasps as more of these creatures pop up from the shadows, all whispering excitedly to themselves. Rapunzel smiles. "Trolls?" 

"Trolls! They saved me when I was little! I thought it was a dream..." 

An older troll walks out from the crowd and bows in front of Anna. "Princess. We meet again." His eyes narrow as he examines her,and he gasps. "Anna, your life is in grave danger. There is ice in your heart, put in there by your sister. If not removed to solid ice will you freeze." 

Rapunzel froze. "No. That can't be true." 

Eugene put his arm around his girlfriend's waist. "is there any way that you can fix this? All of this?" 

The troll puts his hands together. "Only an act of true love can thaw a frozen heart." 

Anna's eyes wide. "Hans."