Entering Alexandria

The cool autumn breeze began to settle as the day was passing, and my dad and Negan were still having a temporary stand-off, the tense moment being broken by the hum of more trucks. Larger trucks rolled into veiw, no doubt holding more Saviours. The sun shined on the metal of the truck, the beams bouncing off of the trucks and brightening small streams of Alexandria.

"You said a week, you're early." My dad mumbled, his brows furrowed in annoyance at he rolled the gate open. The trucks parked not too far behind Negans pick-up truck, the hum of the engines inviting unwanted guests. The growls of a couple of walkers began to echo as they stumbled into view, none of the Saviours flinched or bothered to fight the walker off, they merely stepped out of way and let it wander towards Negan. The undead being growled with hunger, its mouth agape, and its boney hands outstretched desperate to get someone in its grasps.

I grimaced as I watched the thing move. Its body quivering under its own weight, its thinning hair slipping from its once healthy and full home.

"I missed ya," Negan chuckled before turning to face the walker, which was inching closer by the second.
"Ohhhh, Rick, come on out here. Watch this," He continued to laugh before cracking the bat down onto the walkers skull, the impact causing its head to cave in easily. He swung his bat back around, slinging blood through the air.
"Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!" His laugh boomed as he admired the fresh blood on his bat.
"Alright, everybody, let's get started. Big day." With that announcement, Saviours flooded out of the other trucks and stared myself and my dad down, Negan paused his finger in the air, telling everyone to hold on a moment.

"Right, I almost forgot. Your suprise." Negans grin was all too familiar at this point, and it never indicated to anything good. Anytime Negan smiled, it was always to remind us that he had power over us, and he was about to mess with our heads further, and today was no exception.

"Get Rick his suprise." Negan ordered to the girl, his tongue between his teeth as he placed an arm around her shoulder before she followed his orders. She slowly walked over to one of the vans, her boots grinding the gravel beneath her as she did. Glancing over her shoulder to look at Negan, she opened the doors, a rattling noise being emitted as she did. Soon, we heard the scuffle of feet, and Daryl came into sight.

He was black and blue, and one of his eyes was swollen until it could hardly be opened. His lips were cracked and pale. He looked ghostly, a shell of the hard-ass Dixon we once knew. He kept his head tilted down, almost as if he was afraid to be beat again. The girl held Daryl by his elbow gently and slowly guided him towards Negan. Darryl didn't seem to be afraid of her touch or flinch when she moved too quickly. Perhaps he was trying to seem strong for us, or perhaps she wasn't the one to cause the brutalisation Daryl had clearly faced.

My face dropped once I saw the state Daryl was in, my heart falling through the floor. I knew he was alive, but seeing how beaten he was up close hurt me. My upset swiftly turned to anger as I looked around at the Saviours, my jaw beginning to clench.

"Rick, look at what I have done for you. And we almost get turned away at the gate by your son. But, do I get mad? Do I throw a fit? Do I bash some peoples dome in? Nope. I brought good old Daryl to see you. Service." Negan mockingly bowed before adjusting the grip he had on his bat. He chuckled softly before approaching my dad and handing him the bat.

"Hold this." And with those words, Negan strutted into Alexandria as if he owned the place. The girl quickly followed suit, holding Daryl by the elbow as he stumbled along with her. He was clearly very weak, but she seemed to be holding him up and aiding him with walking. Negan swiftly stopped walking and held his arms out, admiring Alexandria.

"Well, hot-diggity-dog! This place is magnificent." He chuckled, looking back at my dad, whose knuckles were turning white from gripping the bat so hard. I could tell that my dad wanted nothing more than to take that bat to Negans skull, just like he did to Glenn. But we all knew that if he did, it would be seconds before we were all dead. The girl beside him glanced over to Daryl and whispered something before signalling to Dwight, who jogged over swiftly like a dog who had been called for dinner. She mumbled something and he handed her a water bottle, she took it from the man and waved him off. Dwight slowly walked away from her, furrowing his brows in confusion as he watched her slip the water bottle to Daryl.