The New World Order

It had been about five days since Negan announced his takeover, and the events of that day still echoed in our minds. The people of Alexandria had heard about what had taken place and were questioning my dads leadership. Since that day, there had been three town meetings, everyone catapulting questions at us that we didn't have the answers to.
'Whats going to happen now?'
'How could you let this happen?'
'We won't have enough food. What are you going to do about that?'
'Are you going to stop him?'
'Why did this happen?'

And each time those questions were asked, we stood there with plain expressionless faces on and repeated the same answer,
'We don't know right now, but we'll figure it out.' Those answers weren't satisfactory to the people of Alexandria, understandably so, who were terrified and angry. Some of the people had completely shunned my dad, refusing to talk to him or help him. They'd spent all this time living for themselves in a carefree place, and now they were providing for a man they had never met.

A few of us were currently out on a supplies run, we had spent the last five days scavenging harder than we ever had, desperate to get as many things ready for Negan and hoping there was enough left over to support ourselves. It was myself, Sasha, Michonne, and Eugene as he had begged to come. It had been a while since Eugene had left Alexandria, so it was somewhat skittish, but he wanted to prepare himself in case anything went south with Negan.

We were inside a rotting supermarket, and Sasha and I were rooting around the medical shelves and pharmacy, grabbing anything that was left. I could hear here angrily muttering to herself. She hadn't long been back from Hilltop. She had filled Maggie and Jesus in on everything, and since she had returned, she was in this constant state of rage.

"What's wrong?" I gently asked her, picking up some antihistamines that had been left on the shelf and shoving them into my backpack. She grunted in response. She hadn't opened up to anyone about her short time at Hilltop.

"Sasha, if something is making you upset, you can talk to me." I tried to reassure her but was met with a glare, I sighed and continued to pick things off of the almost bare shelves.

"Jesus." She spat, saying the name in a way that was pinning the blame on the man. I looked at her and furrowed my brows,

"Jesus? Is he okay?" I questioned, slowly approaching her as she hopped over the pharmacy's counter and began to look through the antibiotics that were left.

"Oh, he's alright." She said sarcastically, furiously throwing things to me or into her bag.
"He's just great!"

I hopped over the counter to join her, glancing around quickly to ensure there weren't any walkers that were hidden. From my view, we were safe for now. I placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, stopping her in her tracks.
"What happened?" I pulled her to look at me, my voice being gentle as to not alarm her.

"Jesus! He knew about the Saviours! This whole time! They'd been taking things from Hilltop! And he kept it from us, from Maggie!" She yelled, gaining the attention of Michonne and Eugene, who were over in the food aisles. Eugene's feet scuffling could be heard through the supermarket ad he waddled over, biting into a protein bar he had found.

"What?" Michonne hissed from beside him," she approached the counter, slamming her hands down on it.

"Yeah. I could hear the mayor and Jesus whispering through town, so I followed them to his house. I could hear them through the door talking about how they're going to be short on their delivery for the 'Saviours,' for Negan." Sasha scoffed, enraged by the idea that someone she viewed as a friend had lied to her about this, when he knew that we too were suffering at Negans hands.

"B-But Jesus is -" Before Eugene could attempt to defend Jesus, Sasha shot him a look, which quickly shut the man up. His eyes darted to the floor and stayed there, understanding that there was no place for defence in this conversation.