~Chapter one~

-----

~ The Lee's are back ~

!TW! !Strong Language and Violence!

-----

She walked down the streets of Birmingham, Small Heath. All to smell was horse shit and petrol. Now and then the sence of gun powder to. It was a home smell for Ivy, you would think even after living here her whole childhood she would be used to the smell. She in fact wasn't.

Ivy was on her way to the Garrison, she was going to work her first shift. Thomas had put a word in for her, she needed a place to work. She only wanted the money to pay for her shitty small apartment, extremely run down but she made do. It felt a little strange for Ivy to be back in Birmingham. The last time she was here she had killed a man. But even after that day she still never let a single person get in her way.

Only Thomas knew the Lee family were back, Ivy didn't want any of the other Shelbys knowing she had come back with them.
Her mother was also sick. Small Heath is where her mother was born and she said she was to die in this place to. Ivy wanted more for herself than to just live like a gypsy. She wanted to live a normal life like everyone else. She also hated traveling, it was something that she became so used to and overtime begin to dislike it. A good opportunity to come back and live a normal life. Although her mother had said that she wanted all of her daughters to marry before she died. However, that was never going to happen, Ivy would make sure of it!

"I told you she would be a good addition to the pub." Grace said serving the men infront of her drinks.
"Yeah well Thomas would have cut me up if I said no," Harry joked as he wiped glasses.
Ivy stood on a table singing for the men infront of her, she swayed her body to the music. The men loved her, everyone wanted a bite out of the girl.
She looked stunning her blonde hair sat perfectly curled on her shoulders, her lips painted light red. As time went on more and more people filled the pub to listen to the blonde sing. Most men were respectful, some were not. But that's what you get for working in a pub as a barmaid.

Two grown men walked in, both wearing peaky hats that sort of hid their faces. Two brunette girls tagged behind them. You could see one was older than the other. Everyone became silent, causeing a few people to leave. Ivy jumped off the table, her heals smashing onto the wooden floor. The noise echoed through the silent pub.
"It's alright lads-" The blue eyed paused "and ladies, continue celebrating whatever it was." Thomas spoke circling a cigarette around his lips.
Everyone slowly began to talk. Ivy however didn't continue singing. Her eyes burnt through Thomas, he stared back. He clenched his jaw pulling a lighter from his pocket. Ivy wished with everything inside of her John wouldn't recognize her. He didn't but he could feel her staring. John whispered something into Toms ear. Ivy couldn't mouth what he was saying. They all then disappeared into the 'V.I.P' room.

-----

Night came around, becoming close to closeing time. Graces singing filled the pub, a few men sat and listened. No music playing but just her voice. Her singing was then rudely disturbed by a man running into the pub, the doors were slammed open. He looked worried almost concerned. That alerted Ivy. She knew bad news was going to be delivered or something was going to happen. She could feel it, a bad feeling swarming her stomach.
"Can I help you?" Ivy called out. She held the cloth she was holding tight. She didn't move but stood and waited for an answer.
"Where's Tom?" The man shouted out.
"I'm sorry he's busy, can I pass a message?" Ivy asked. She gripped the cloth even tighter. Her nuckles turned white. She wanted to know so desperately what it was.
"Tell him it's Arthur."
Ivys heart sunk. Instant panic filled her. This man didn't quite explain what happened but all he had said was Arthur is hurt. He was outside, refusing to come in.

Ivy opened the doors to the 'V.I.P' room, without knocking. Nobody dared to do that but she didn't care. Not showing any emotion to alarm anyone she looked Tom up and down, as well as glancing across the room to get a good look at everyone.
"Tom," Ada called, who was also nudging John to sit up. He had his hat covering his face and was slouching in the corner of the seats.
"Is this just a family meeting?" Ivy asked. She stood strong only making eye contact with Thomas.
"Who the fuck is she?" Ade whispered.
"I said is this just a family meeting?" Ivy repeated in a more serious tone.
"Supposed to be," Thomas stood up and put his cigarette that he was smoking down.
"Well you must know Arthur is outside, drunk. He got into a fight."
"Is he hurt?" John asked almost jumping out of his seat.
"More than likely," Ivy replied. She gulped and took a step back.
"You're not lying?" Polly called out.
"Why the fuck am I going to lie?"
Polly nodded in response and flung her coat over herself.
"Thanks luv'," Polly patted Ivys shoulder and turned to face everyone.
"You boys sort Arthur out, I'll take Ada home."
"Who the fuck is she anyways?" John asked, hoping for an answer from Tom.
"Your worst fucking nightmare!" Ivy snapped back.
John rolled his eyes as a response and followed Tom.
"Get the med kit out." Thomas called out. He threw the doors open and John tagged behind him.
"You heard him, get the med kit Grace." Harry spoke.

Both Tommy and John had Arthur's arm over a shoulder each, carrying him inside. He was shouting and swearing at the both of them. Arthur's face was covered in blood.
"Arthur, shut the fuck up!" John spat letting go of Arthur's arm.
"Look at me, look at me Arthur" Thomas said holding his face.
"Who did this" Tommy looked him dead in the eye. You could see he was drunk but Ivy could tell there was something else to. She read his body language and the way he was sat. Also the way he spoke. He was on something else.
"The fucking Lee's are back in town!"
Thomas stood up and silence filled the room. Ivy stood not moving one bit. Her face was in shock.
"What did you do?" John asked putting his hand over his face.
"I did nothing alright, I did fuckin' nothin',"
"Well you must have done something." Ivy called out. She surprised herself by saying something. Ivy knew she would soon regret it.
Thomas did not look amused at her opening her mouth.
"They fuckin' laughed at me so I cut him up!" Arthur explained waving his hand About.
"Look your not going to get the full truth out of him while he's like that, just clean him up Tommy." Ivy slowly moved closer to Thomas. He glared at her, she could see he was not happy.
"Just leave it and go home!" Thomas snapped. He knew none of this was Ivy's fault, but she's still a Lee.
"No." Ivy replied. She crossed her arms and huffed. Like a little kid.
"He said to go home!" John snapped at the girl. He had not a clue it was Ivy. He wondered why a girl who was a stranger to him had a say about his family.
"John stay out of this" "Ivy I want you to g-" Thomas was cut off.
"What did you say?" John asked taking in Toms words. Ivy looked at John, his face in realization. It was her. It was Ivy, the girl he once loved. She had finally come back.
Thomas ignored and continued his sentence.
"Go home Ivy and speak to your brothers in the morning, tell them to wind their fuckin' necks in" Thomas added. He put his hand to his face. He was getting frustrated.
"Tom you know why I left so don't make me go back." Ivy said in a soft tone. She could feel her cheeks becoming warm. She wasn't sure if she was upset or angry. Although it was not her fault she wished this never happened. She also felt so stupid for thinking that any other Shelby wouldn't find out she's back. They always find out.
"How the fuck did I not know that was Ivy?" Johns look was soft and his voice was gentle.
"Well your a fuckin Lee right?"
Ivy noded at Thomas.
"Then go, your nothing until this is sorted."
"Tom don't do that to her"

John always had a soft spot for Ivy. Even when they were little. He always took her side even when she was in the wrong. Ivy was everything to him. Until she left.
"John you didn't even fuckin' know it was her until I said her name!"
John stood furious clenching his jaw at Thomas.
"Fine I will go, i will go and tell them right now actually. But don't blame me when you have a bomb planted in your home, this will mean war Thomas."
"So fuckin' be it." Tom replied opening his arms out. He had a sort of smug look on his face.
"Very well." Ivy noded.

Ivy left and gathered her stuff from the back. She walked throught the pub and brushed past John. She stood looking him dead in the eye. They stared at one another for what felt like forever but it was only a few seconds. They talked with their eyes, John taking every bit of Ivy in. Then she walked out not saying a single word. John felt like she had left for the first time all over again. Even though she now lived in Small Heath once again.