~Chapter eight~

-----

~Bleed for you~

!TW! !Strong Language and Violence!

-----

All the Peaky boys had made their way to the Garrison. Preparing themselves to make their move onto Billy Kimber. However, little did they know Kimber was on his way to Small Health as he had heard about Thomas's plan.
Ivy had stayed behind with Polly, Ada and the baby. John didn't want Ivy to get stuck in Tommy's messy business, so therefor he made her stay behind.

Ada had fallen asleep in the living room with Karl fast asleep across her chest. Polly and Ivy were sat at the table in the kitchen making conversation.
"So you and John, everything going much smoother I take it." Polly joked as she took a puff of her cigarette.
Ivy put her head into her hand and chuckled.
"Tommy is so embarrassing, but yes I guess so." Ivy admitted as she lifted her head back up.
Polly blew out smoke before replying. "Johns a good boy, he would do anything to make sure that you're happy." Polly explained as she put out the rest of her cigarette.
"Well-" before Ivy could finish what she about to say the front door slammed open.
Both Polly and Ivy shot up and rushed into the living room.

"Ada wake up," Thomas said in a firm voice, he slammed the door shut behind himself.
"You, the baby and Ivy get into the Bull Ring. Where there's lots of people." Tommy demanded.
He pasted the living room holding his hand to his forehead. Ada almost immediately got up and gathered her belongings.
"What's going on?" Polly questioned. "We've been fuckin' betrayed," Tom snapped, still pasting the room.
Ivy stood in realisation, scenarios playing back in her head.
"Someone let it slip, Kimber's men are on their way here."
"Yes, but you can handle them, Tommy?" Polly asked concerned.
"It's just us. All the Lees are on their way to Worcester, We're outnumbered." Thomas huffed. He now stood opposite Ivy and she shook her head while glaring at him.
"I warned you,"
"FUCK!" Thomas yelled, slamming his hands onto the fire place mantelpiece. "Who else knew today was the day you were moving on Kimber? You said you kept it a secret. Who else did you tell?" Polly asked once again.
Her eyes wondered around the room trying to piece everything together. Tommy stood clenching his jaw as realisation filled his eyes. Polly sighed looking at Ivy.
"There's only one thing that can blind a man as smart as you, Tommy."
"Love" Ivy called out finishing Polly's sentence.
"That barmaid Ivy was warning us all about," Polly realised Ivy was right all along. Thomas stood staying silent. Why had he be so foolish?
"I'll deal with Grace. If you set eyes on her again, you might kill her."

-----

"Tommy!" John called out as he chased behind his brother.
"We've had word from Nipper at Hay Mills, and he says the police are letting them through."
Thomas sighed walking towards the group of Peakys waiting for Tommy. "And how come all our police have disappeared?" John asked walking beside Tom. In his hand he carried a brown duffle bag filled with Rifles. "Because it was the police who told Kimber about our plan." Tommy replied.
"And who told the police?"
"You know what, John? For all I think I'm the smart one, I'm guessing it was me." Thomas lied.
"Right. And where's Ivy? Is she safe?" John questioned, wanting to make sure his wife was safe.
"I sent her to the Bull Ring with Ada and the baby," John nodded back as a response.
He was relieved that his wife was safe, so he thought.

-----

As all the men were preparing for Kimber and left wondering who was to live and who was to die.
Ivy had been waiting for Ada outside her house with Karl. The baby was in a stroller and Ivy stood frustrated as to why Ada was taking so long. Ivy began to knock on Adas front door.
"By the time your bloody done, we wont have to go to the Bull Ring!" Ivy shouted so Ada could hear her through the thick wooden door.
Her voice had echoed through the street. Ada swung the door open and to Ivy's surprise she had changed into an all black outfit.
"The whole of bloody Birmingham can hear ya'," Ada joked as she locked her front door.
Ivy pulled a confused face.
"Nobody's dead yet, so why are ya' dressed in all black?" Ivy questioned still pulling a confused look at her.
"I'm preparing." Ada pushed the stroller away from Ivy and began to walk the opposite way she was supposed to be walking.
"Ada you're going the wrong bloody way. Tommy sa-" But Ivy was cut off by Ada shouting back,
"You think I'm gonna' listen to my brother?"
"Ada, it's not safe!" She called out.
Ivy had chased after her trying to get her to turn back. Ada wasn't having any of it. Ivy even tried taking the baby so he would be safe, but Ada still continued to walk to the 'battle field' unknowing what was happening.