Chapter 5: Dreadful Isolation

"The colonization progress was nearly complete and the people were now building their homes in this new planet. We still need to think of a new name for this planet in the meantime. We are going to do some research on the creatures who live in this frozen sector. Sadly Lingard went missing after he rescues Melissa from a dire situation in the avalanche" - Captain Zeal's long during day 40 on the new planet

No One's POV
~Somewhere in Zootopia~
Judy and Nick, we're patrolling at the moment in the frigid cold of Tundra town on foot since Chief Bogo handed out a report of pickpocketing mammals in the area near parks in the city.

Nick and Judy are wearing sweaters underneath their vests along with a scarf around their necks. The red office was shivering slightly in the cold.
"Jeez... It's freezing. I could use a warm cup of hot chocolate right now" Nick mutters under his breath and Judy is on high alert for any suspicious mammals who pickpocket civilians in Tundra Town.

"So far. Nothing is happening in here... Okay Nick. You go and get yourself a cup of hot chocolate. Please hurry though" Judy tells the red fox and this makes Nick smile before he goes to a nearby cafe to order a hot chocolate.

Judy's POV
I remained vigilant while I patrolled for pickpocket mammals and I hoped it was not a fox or a cheetah again because my partner Nick caught 5 of them, stealing wallets from the oblivious people in Tundra Town.

My thoughts were cut off when I heard a scream nearby and I decided to investigate to find out what was happening.
'What is happening in there?.' I thought to myself as I ran in the direction of the recent scream.

Suddenly a husky dog, wearing a black polo shirt with grey khaki pants was running away in fear before I before the dog's wrist.
"Hey hey, what happened?" I asked the Husky who was in distress.
"Officer Hopps... There's a strange creature in the discarded subway station" The male husky was shaking in fear. Perhaps even confusion at the same.

[A/N: Just imagine that this is what the husky would look like]

"Describe this "creature" for me please sir" I became curious now about what this guy saw down there in the subway station.
"I don't see their face and it looks like it's wearing a white claded armor" He tells the description but it's not clear to me who he saw but it could be someone like a worker.

"Okay, sir. Where is this 'Strange creature' that you are talking about?" I asked the male husky before he nodded. The dog walk began to walk and I followed him.

Lingard's POV
I've reached the end of the tunnel and I find myself feeling a little uneasy... Maybe unnerving while walking in this tunnel.

"I gotta get back with the others" I mutter to myself and then my eyes widen in surprise upon seeing train tracks.

"What is this place?" I muttered to myself as I pulled my tablet out of my backpack storage while following the train tracks.

Selecting the map on the screen, it displays "Location: Unknown." The temperature is now 20 degrees, not negative 5 or 10 below. Confused, I kept walking forward, following the train tracks to see where this led.

~8 minutes later~
I arrived at what appeared to be a subway station. With a grunt, I pulled myself up onto the platform.

As I approached the wall covered in posters, I couldn't help but notice the peculiar theme. The posters depicted animals engaging in human-like activities. One poster featured a singing gazelle, while another read "Zootopia." It seemed to be a display of anthropomorphized animals.

I then pulled my tablet out of my backpack storage once more before I selected contacts and tried to call Captain Zeal.

"Apologises. Lingard but you have no signal here to contact someone" An automated British voice coming from my tablet informs me.
Dread was crawling up my spine upon hearing that and I began to panic momentarily.

"Okay... Okay... I gotta calm down. I just gotta keep it together Lingard. You could do this" I calmed myself down as I slowed my breathing within my helmet.
I turned around but then I saw a husky dog standing on two feet, wearing a black polo shirt with grey khaki pants.

Right when I was about to say anything. The husky screamed in fear as if he saw a ghost upon seeing me.
"I have to go somewhere" I muttered to myself as I went in the opposite direction towards a flight of stairs.

"Lingard, I instructed you to activate cloaking mode. My scans indicate that you are in a modern city full of animals that behave like humans," my tablet informed me. I made a mental note of the information.

I activated the cloaking mode by pressing the blue circle button on the panel located on my left forearm. This made my entire body camouflaged, just like the Predator's invisibility.

"Now... Let's see what this city has to offer me" I begin to walk up the subway stairs before seeing the bustling city filled with animals who behave like humans and wear clothes.

My eyes landed on a big screen with a gazelle wearing a red bra and matching skirt.
"I'm Gazelle and Welcome to Zootopia" I could hear her speak on the big screen of the building.

'Zootopia huh... Oh boy. This is going to be wild.' Muttering to myself. I'm going to explore this city and I hope I don't run into some big trouble with these animals.