十一 hesitation

You were 17 at the time.

It had almost been a full year since you ran away.

Traveling alone.

You were on an island in the South Blue running from a group of marines.

You shoved a group of people out of your way in the middle of the town as you sprinted.

You were weaving your way through the crowd of people desperately trying to lose the group of marines.

And suddenly you ran directly into someone.

Hard.

Nearly knocking you to the ground.

But the person grabbed your wrist to keep you from falling.

Your body jolted as your eyes fell on the person.

He was a boy.

He was tall, had white hair and soft brown eyes.

He immediately spoke, "Sorry-"

But you didn't have time.

You yanked your wrist from his grip and continued running toward the edge of town.

You heard marines shouting in the distance, as you picked up your pace and then quickly turned down an alleyway.

As soon as you got to the end of it, you rounded the corner and stopped yourself as you caught your breath with your back against the wall of the building.

You were panting.

Trying to focus if you could hear marines.

But suddenly, someone came flying through the alley way, nearly falling flat on their face.

You tensed as you thought it was a marine but you finally made out the person to be...

The boy from earlier?

Had he followed you?

Who cares? You didn't have time.

The marines were coming.

You heard shouts.

And sure enough 5 marines came flying around the corner weapons in hand.

Fighting the marines was a blur, but the next thing you knew the boy was helping you fight them off and the two of you were running towards your boat with reinforcement on your tails.

You heard more shouts as you frantically climbed into your boat, setting sail as fast as you possibly could.

Soon you were drifting from the shore line and the island was shrinking being you.

You two were panting from the fight and running.

Both watching as the island disappeared.

You didn't know how long you had been staring off when you heard him speak.

"Shiina Mikami."

You turned to look at him, surprised at first hat he knew your name.

How did he- Who were you kidding.

Of course he knew your name.

It was still fresh on the news that you had run away.

"Just Shiina is fine."