♛ Night Hundred-One

Ami works fast to schedule an appointment with Kaien. And that's the appointment with Yuki Cross. You know, dummy, if you would behave, take things seriously, and work on building a reputation, we wouldn't have this problem with you. Nor would Lord Kaname and Lady Ichika revoke your name and status. However, you have been behaving like a sixteen-year-old with a school crush on a guy. How else do you explain the jealousy you display towards Milady? She sends a text to Ichika about her other appointment. It had to be before or after class. 

Ichika reads it and is glad that she doesn't have to wait long. She reached the hunter's headquarters for her appointment with Kaien. I will talk to Zero after this, and I will chase Kaien out of his office if I need to talk to him. 

Kaien hurries up and goes outside. 'Lady Hirawa, I wish I could talk to you in my office, but everyone doesn't like the idea of a Pureblood walking inside. Even if it is arranged beforehand. Can I offer you a cup of tea in the tea house?' 

'I want to talk about Zero, but, before I do that, will I address you as the headmaster from Cross Academy, as the president of the hunter's association, or as his foster father?' She puts her hands together on her back. 'So, no, no tea house.' 

He turns in a different direction. 'Talk about Zero? Did something happen?' 

'He's conflicted and doesn't know which way to turn to. You being the president from the hunters, or the headmaster from the academy isn't helping him either. Zero is a vampire, and thus, should listen to the rules of our society,' she starts and raises her shield quickly to keep their conversation private. 

Kaien stops for a moment. 'What do you mean by that?' 

Are you seriously that blind that you don't know what is happening with the hunters or in your precious academy? 'We are talking about Zero. He might be a hunter, but he is a vampire. You are his boss while I'm the leader of the vampire society.' 

He doesn't like where the conversation is going. 'What are you trying to say, Lady Hirawa? He listens to me. Every order I give him, he will execute it.'  

'Zero is a vampire, and you knew this when you took him in because his parents were attacked by Shizuka Hio, and he was bitten in the process.' She knows. 'Despite his occupation, Zero is and will be a vampire. He does keep himself alive with blood tablets, does he not?' 

'Are you trying to take Zero away from me?' 

'I asked you before if I should address you as the headmaster, the president, or simply as a father figure? Maybe neither, because as long as you are conflicted, Mister Cross, so will Zero. He's a teenager and needs more stability. Stability that you can't seem to give him.' She refuses to bring Yuki up because the man did adopt the girl. That girl of yours is also troubled, and, for some reason, rushed headfirst into this mission of starting a new Night Class. 'It seems you are failing him as a boss and a father, Mister Cross.' 

Kaien looks at the girl as if she hit him. 'I don't like where this is going, Lady Hirawa.' At this point, he hates to address the girl like that. She is the leader, and I would be a fool to go against her. I'm not young anymore, and who knows how strong she truly is? She is a Pureblood. I could also be a reason that Yuki's Night Class will be taken down. 

'No need to be afraid that everything you say or do will affect Miss Cross' project. We're talking about Zero, after all.' She reads his mind by his wide eyes and how he seems to look for something. 

He takes his glasses off to rub his eyes and places his glasses back. Also in an attempt to collect his thoughts. 'What do you want? For Zero to change allegiance to the vampire society and betray the hunters?'