♛ Night Seventy-Eight

It's unimaginable how dense the girl can be. She wants us to get lost! Even when we mentioned to be her bodyguards. We are just acting upon Kaname's orders. However, no matter what she wants, I will not stay in the hall anymore. I confiscated Ichiru's vile with whatever the red liquid was. He could get close because I was careless. Not anymore, I'll stay in the room with Yuki. Hanabusa wishes he knew what Ichiru wanted to do with Yuki. But I will also keep an eye on Ichiru because Kaname didn't punish him. He looks at Akatsuki. Just because Rido is here, we are both on guard tonight. 'You look like you have something on your mind.' 

Akatsuki puts his hands in his pockets. 'I still can't believe Ruka couldn't see the difference between Shiki and Rido. Or how Rido decided to harass Ruka, I'm glad to interfere but if it wasn't for Takuma I could have serious injuries because of Rido.' I still don't know much. Every lead went up in flames, and Lady Ichika didn't tell much either. 

'It's hard to imagine Rido in Senri's body. Do you know Rido?' Hanabusa hoped to do some research. 

Shaking his head, Akatsuki looks out the window. 'No, do you?' 

'A little,' answers Hanabusa. 'I think he's a Kuran. Albeit the difference is quite obvious.' 

'His heterochromia eyes,' understands Akatsuki. 'I'm glad when Senri and Rima are back on their feet again. That was low to attack Rima with Senri's body.' 

Hanabusa agrees. If I want to protect Yuki, I should be in her room. She has shown a stubborn side more than once. 

*** 

Being alone, Ichika's faint smile disappears. It won't be long anymore. Just how is it possible that the Senate controls you? Or how you are willing to kill anyone who opposes the Senate. What have they done that you are so loyal? She finishes another chapter in her journal before closing it when her phone rings. 'Ami, did you find something?' 

'Good evening, Milady,' Ami greets her first. 'And yes, I made sure to use familiars only to follow him. The head of the Hunter Association is an associate with the Senate and that's not all. There is contact between Ichijo and the president of the Hunter Association. I've seen it through my familiar.' 

Then it's confirmed. I knew that the Hunter Association had some control over Rido. 'Good work. Anything else? How is the investigation coming along on my sister?' 

'Not really, she found out that Cross Academy was being built and goes on complaining that no one would send their children there.' Ami is sick and tired of the enormous amount of complaints. 'It's almost pathetic to read how much your sister is complaining. She has no life and is always looking at what others have. It's like she's constantly jealous of what others have. Her life wasn't that bad, but she's too focused on everyone around her than herself.' 

I know all about it. 'That woman is never satisfied with her life. Don't forget that she felt pressured and stressed out. Always trying to live up to expectations because she's the oldest. That can't be easy. Still, she had no reason to take it out on me.' Ichika thinks out loud. Not that she ever talked to me about things. Otherwise, I could have told her that I made a compromise with our parents. There is nothing to be jealous about. 'Any clue on where she is?' She has an idea but it's nothing concrete. 

'Not yet, but I will keep searching. So far nothing on what her plan might be and who else might be involved. Your sister might be closer to the academy. Let's not forget that she wants you dead for killing your Ancestor. No matter how difficult it might be since you obtained their powers, according to her.' 

'That is not something I have forgotten. If you find anything, Ami, let me know.' She ends the conversation and hangs up. Let's see what's going on with a nuisance and a headache. Surely, Yuki isn't going to stay in bed. She turns to the window and summons her familiar. She needs her rest because her memories will come back to her after Kaname bites her. Which is enough to cause a migraine. Why can't she listen to the rules?