♛ Night Seventy-Five

Working ahead, Ichika puts away her books for history. My essays are finished, and anything that could be homework is done. Give me an essay now, and I'll have time to write it. She knows she's alone. No one is at the door while she's used to having Hanabusa and Akatsuki close at hand. Nor can she see Takuma because he's busy too. Guarding a fool. It's unbelievable what his grandfather made him do. 

'Lady Ichika?' 

'Yes.' She wasn't expecting anyone. Even when she's always dressed for a guest. Only to see an unfamiliar face coming inside. 'Did you file a request?' 

'I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that I needed to file a request. May I have a moment of your time? Or do I have to leave?' 

Hanabusa is just back, hears voices, and opens the door. 'Yes, you need to file a request to speak with her. No exceptions for anyone.' No matter what it is about, Ichika is a Pureblood, and, therefore, there is a protocol to follow. He leads the woman out of the room but not without looking at Ichika. Still decently dressed even without having guests over, of course. He sees Akatsuki while escorting the woman downstairs. 'I can help you to file a request.' 

'Thank you, that would be great. However, I have only one question.' The woman nods with a faint smile. 'I have heard that Kenji was last seen in this area.' 

Akatsuki hears it and walks to the library. That idiot again. 

Hanabusa shakes his head. 'I'm sorry to give you bad news, but Kenji Moriyama is dead. He attacked the school and targeted Lady Ichika.' This way, Lady Ichika doesn't have to go through it again. She's quite done with that fool. 

Shocked to hear it, she goes through her legs. 'No!' 

'It's true,' states Hanabusa. 'He got killed in the process for targeting a Pureblood.' And we currently have two Purebloods here. Either one of them doesn't want to talk about Kenji and the rest of us don't like it. 

'He's my fiance, and the wedding was just a month away.' 

'He's most likely to do that to get to Lady Ichika. He has had his eyes on her for a long time,' explains Hanabusa. Another victim. When will this stop? 'It's been a while ago, but he did say that he wanted to make Lady Ichika his wife. Kenji went so far that he wanted to kill Takuma, who's Lady Ichika's boyfriend.' 

The woman doesn't hide her tears. 'No, I don't believe you. He said he loves me and wants to build a future with me...' 

'He used you. He did to others as well. Someone came before you, and she said the same thing. Kenji was after Lady Ichika long before he even met you. I wish you good luck.' Hanabusa opens the door and lets her go. That's the second one, who came for some answers. Will more follow? He goes back upstairs and knocks on her door.

'Come in, Hanabusa.' Ichika knew he would come back. 

Going inside, he goes closer to her desk. 'If I may, Lady Ichika, I was wondering if there's a way to find out who fell victim to Kenji. Otherwise, more women might come.' 

Yes, that is more likely. 'I doubt anyone kept track of all his girlfriends and fiance's. Just screen them when they try to come here for answers. They don't even know the rules so they won't be aware of filing a request and that should make it easy to identify them.' 

'Yes, that would make sense. Still, it doesn't take away that we get tired of this as well. Just as much as you, of course, Lady Ichika.' He crosses his arms. 

'I appreciate it that you took her away before she could even ask me anything.' She relaxes and turns to him. 'We must uphold protocol, and everyone who wants to talk to someone here needs to file a request to come here. No exception for anyone. Not even another Pureblood or someone from the Senate.'