14

ᴍɪɢɪ ᴠᴀʀɢᴀs

The clock struck one PM — forcing me to retain some sort of willpower. It's been years since I slept this late — the pill, drinks, and over four blunts from last night had officially won their silent battle. Leaving me vulnerable and tired this morning. The first thing to hit my mind was the last thing I had done before crashing out — nutting inside Sehven.

The memory flooded so vividly and once I stood up, I realized why. Completely naked, I groaned to myself. Shaking my head while picking up the nearest pair of briefs to slip on, leisurely strolling towards our bathroom.

"Sehven?" My three calls went unanswered, even as I untwisted the bathroom door.

Inside, I hit the switch for the spotlights on the roof. The mild brightness was perfect enough to complete my morning regimen.

After forty minutes, I almost felt rejuvenated. A hot shower and hygiene out the way.  My body was now more alert and awake. A quick smoke session after getting dressed enlightened my mood gracefully.

Something sweet yet refreshing, like green apples and Clorox, hit my nose once I was on the first floor. Clean linens being washed and the dryer ran as I passed the laundry room. Typical Saturdays at our lake house.

Surprisingly, I didn't find Sehven and Zy right away. The kitchen and den were miraculously cleaned. Sehven complained about the mess about four o'clock this morning, as we made our way upstairs following a quick power nap after our festivities.

It was once I reached the kitchen, that I got an idea of their whereabouts. Zuri's giggling merged from the backyard. Both of them sat at the top stair of the pool's entrance. We didn't have a railing for getting in and out, but the steps were shallow and over sixty percent of the stone pool's depth reached only three feet. Funny enough, Zy sat next to Sehven, completely dry.

She started asking to get in the water after our trip to Orlando. Florida's weather was already beginning to warm up for Springtime — granting the opportunity for us to enjoy the heated pool at our vacation home.

A few weeks later — Texas has finally reached the late seventies and early eighties. So on yesterday morning, I got the pool cleaned of the winter junk and any possible bacteria. It's only funny because, after all of Zuri's constant begging, she rather watch her dolls play in the water than get inside. The only one touching the water — was Sehven by her feet resting on one of the lower steps.

"You must hear, Dada, boop?" Sehven raised, and Zuri nodded excitedly while using her mother's body to stand up. 

"Yes! See, Ma Ma?" Stepping out of the house, I made my way down the four steps separating the extravagant backyard from the lake house. "Gud murnin', Dada."

Ready to take off in my direction, Sehven's soft and mother's motherly ranged out to remind Zy not to run.

"Good morning, Princess," Zy's arms waved upwardly as we became closer. "You all suited for the water, but sitting on the step? You scared?" Zuri wrapped her arms around my neck, giving one of the most precious and tightest hugs.

A hug that made your own body embrace the love her little being stored inside.

"No...I not. It's cold."

"It's supposed to be. It's hot outside, which makes you hot, so then you get in the pool and it's gon' cool you off."

"I not hot," Zuri expressed, speaking with her hands. The unexpected response making us laugh. "See, Dada?" And then she grabbed my hand to place it on her forehead.