13

ᴍɪɢɪ ᴠᴀʀɢᴀs

"Aye, Blood....Blood, I-I can't keep doing this shit, cuz."

A drunken Jace came to stand against the wall with me. I wasn't sure what his complaint was about. In no way, am I in any predicament to help. I had fallen away from him and Taz for a pitiful and private reason.

Done with the group, in a ducked-off corner. I was away from our VIP section inside Crowd Pleasers. Qu'Taz stood a few feet away. A Hennessy bottle in one of his hands and a stripper's ass in the other. 

"Get out my ear with that drunk shit, Jay."

"Can't believe you a married man, dawg," He said in a slurred tone. Ignoring my demand completely. "I remember the time we would leave here with a gang of hoes," Jace laughed at his own words, but not out of amusement. More like disbelief. Cutting my eyes I almost gave a remark until I realized his thoughts ran deeper than my involvement. "And now I'm drinking myself out of a fucking heartbreak. Not even stun' none of these hoes."

"Sad shit. What you gon' do?"

"Ion know...," Jace's sad tone made me think of my current predicament. The main reason I was forced to drift away from the festivities. My social clock had run out and being home was the only thing on my mind.

It was Friday night, but much later than midnight. So technically, it was Saturday morning. Meaning I was officially two weeks and six days in the rear.

It's been a while since I got a cold shoulder from Sehven. Especially this long. My mind started playing tricks on me yesterday morning when I woke up and thought she was sitting on my lap. It was bound to happen this way. I know the aftereffect of not having Sehven Vargas the way I needed her.

Foolishly, I had popped a Perc-10, down two cups of Moet, and of course, my current favorite strain of sour. Those mind games were full-on hallucinations now.

"I'll be back and if I don't come back, don't call me." Jay commanded before taking his Styrofoam cup and leaving out the side door of the strip club.

Two more pulls and another sip of Moët before the song changed. The end of the uptempo beat from Cardi B and Offset. Now a melody that was slower, more intimate, and seductive started up. The beginning was so iconic that I knew it was Dej Loaf's Me, U, and Hennessy.

"Yall niggas know what time it is when we slow that shit down. Welcome to the goddamn stage, the one and only — Treaty."

Taz had three chicks on him and from the looks of it, Jace was probably going outside to cry his damn eyes out or go over to Erin's apartment. There are a few niggas in the mix but they came out for Qu'Taz's benefit. By now, it simply served me no purpose to continue and tag along. I went to the first spot to show my face and have a 'happy birthday' drink with him — giving brotherly love. But by now? I need to bounce.

My being was functioning just fine. Alert, hand on a swivel, but the last five minutes have been the craziest shit ever. Hallucinations aren't abnormal with me — and right now I'm relapsing back to a time when my mind needed to create images of Sehven to find sexual pleasure.

That was also a sign of addiction, but I didn't give a damn. 

It's randomly occurring, but she's here. Yet, I also knew it wasn't real because Sehven was only dressed in a black Balconette lace set by Savage X Fenty. Nothing else. She would appear and everyone else seemed to vanish.  Only the two of us with a slow song playing in the background. Her presence forced me still, making me watch - not that I complained — but I was in a trance during those silent moments.