𖦷 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝐭𝐡 𖦷

snowman

age: 11
mom: scarlett
dad:

-

Y/N'S POV
This year, Santa finally decided to make it snow, last year was a little disappointing as there was no snow at all and it was all cloudy and rainy, but this year we got so much, school's were even closed because of how deep the snow really was.

Me and my mom have been playing in the snow non stop though, i love playing in the snow with my mom, i've been doing it every year it snows and we always have the biggest snow ball fight with a nice warm bath afterwards, my favourite!

"Mommy! We need to build a snowman!" I say quickly running into the kitchen as she stirs her tea.

"That's a wonderful idea baby, go put some warmer clothes on and we can go out" She says with a smile on her face.

I quickly ran up to my room and went into my closet, taking a left turn to get out all my winter clothes, i had my gloves and coat, my jumper and leggings, paired with another pair.

Once i finished getting ready to build a snowman, i raced back downstairs into the kitchen where my mom was putting on her earmuffs and boots.

"You look cosy baby" She giggles, i smile and skip over to me, placing my hand on her shoulder whilst i wait for her to finish, she looks up at me with a smile and stretches her hand out.

As quickly as i possibly could, i took my moms hand and then dragged her out of the house and into the back garden which was filled with so much snow, which made me smile so much, until my mom threw me in, causing me to sink underneath all the snow.

"Mommy!" I scream throwing snow at her whilst i wipe myself down from all the snow, mom just smirks and closes the door behind her.

"Y/n!" She drags out in a whine and in a way that her voice sounds like mine, i frown and furrow my eyebrows picking up more snow and chucking it at her.

"Stop wasting the snow, we need that to build a snowman!" Mom playfully scolds me, i just sighed hit another little snowball at her before standing to make a circle with snow, then rolling it along the grass.

"Okay, we can use this bit here just for the bottom, it'll be massive, then the sides down there for the middle, and this side for the head. Deal?" Mom idea was good and i agreed quickly and continued rolling.

Mom had to help me with the bottom of the snowman as the ball i was rolling became really heavy, we brought it back to the middle of the garden and it looked amazing, whilst i started on the middle section, mom was smoothing out the bottom layer into a ball shape.

"Mommy i need help!" I whine, becoming slightly frustrated that the ball won't move anymore, mom chuckles and comes over to me helping me move it.

"Lift it up in 3, 2, 1" Mom counts before we are able to lift it onto the bottom part and it sits perfectly, i clap my hands and watch as mom starts smoothing it out yet again whilst i have the job of the head.

I managed to do it myself this time as it didn't need to be too big, but momma helped me lifting it onto the middle section, we looked at our snowman, and it looked very really, he was almost as tall as me!

"Do you wanna grab a carrot baby? Maybe some charcoal from the fire" Mom suggests, i nod my head and run inside, rushing to the fridge and grabbing a carrot then opening up the fire gate and grabbing lots of charcoal.

I had some to mom and she starts to make the face and i watch her do it, i was cool the way that she made the face look absolutely perfect by free handing it, i then went over to one of the trees in our garden and snapped 2 branches.

Whilst mom was putting the branches on, i took my scarf off and wrapped it around the snowman's neck, leaning into my mom as my own neck got cold.

"Take a photo and we'll head inside" Mom says getting out her phone, i stand behind the snowman and give her a big smile and when she was done i ran right past her and inside, my gloves were wet and my hands were cold, my nose was also about to fall off.

"Let me stick the fire on" Mom says and turns on the fire, i sit in front of it, shivering and listen as my mom walks about behind me before sitting in the sofa after taking all of her outdoor accessories off.

"Momma it's so cold!" I shiver rubbing my arms with my hands to show her just how cold i was, yet she laughs.

But she raises her arm and i won't be missing an opportunity to cuddle with her, so i leap onto her and cuddle right into her chest, humming happily as her arms wrap around me body.

"Take this off" Mom says taking my big fluffy jacket off, i freeze and stare at her as the cold air feels like it's eating me alive but mom pulls me to her chest and wraps her arms and a blanket around me which is warming me up.

"We made a good snowman" Mom says rubbing my back, i giggle and nod my head, blowing air onto mom's neck making her place her hand over my mouth, i grunt and move my head so i was tucked right into her neck.

"I love you mama" I say honestly, i feel sleepy from the cold and all of the hard work that i've been doing outside, so a small nap won't hurt anyone.

-

not proofread, it's 8:54pm i haven't slept since 2:30am, i'm going sleep 🫶🏻