𖦷 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝐭𝐡 𖦷

elf disaster

age: 4
mom: natasha
dad:

-

NATASHA'S POV
It's Christmas time, finally. The avengers love Christmas time and for the past 4 years with my daughters it's only been better for all of us as it's just gotten more exciting.

The famous elf on the shelf was something the boys loved doing, they loved hiding it in stupid places and making it do stupid things, but because Y/n was so young she never understood and reacted to it, yet this year, i explained it to her and she understood everything.

So, the boys were now even more excited as they could definitely pull the elf off this year.

Although they almost blew it as my daughter came downstairs when she should've been sleeping but luckily my mom instincts came in and i could tell she was on her way downstairs.

"What are we doing up?" I ask my daughter who's standing on the stairs, in her pink footed onesie and rubbing her eyes, letting out a small yawn, it's obvious she's been sleeping.

"Wake up mama" She says before coming down another step and holding her arms up to me, i smile and gently lift her into my arms, letting her head fall onto my shoulder, instead of bringing her back to her own room, i bring her to mine and get into bed with her.

"Why are they laughing mama?" Y/n asks me looking up tiredly, i hum and place my hand back on her head and bring it back down to my chest, stroking her head.

"They're just being silly my love, go back to sleep" I say and kiss her head, she holds onto my hand and falls back asleep, i smile and hold her hand tightly, pulling the duvet back up and falling asleep myself, wondering what the boys have came up with.

The next morning, i woke up to my girl sitting on my stomach, shaking my chest, her red curls everywhere and her saying my name over and over again.

"Y/n, what's is it?" I groan turning my head into the pillow.

"The elf mama, i wanna see the elf" She speaks, oh right, the elf. I let out a sigh and sit up, i want to see the elf too, i just know that the boys have done something with it, i also know they're up because i can hear them laughing downstairs, probably from what they've done.

"Let's go then" I place Y/n on the floor and take her hand, she walks slowly beside me as we walk downstairs and i go straight to the living room where the boys are.

They signal to me that the elf is in the kitchen but act clueless when Y/n asks them where the elf is, they tell her that she needs to go and search for it, due to the fact no one can touch it.

Y/n tugs my hand and pulls me into the kitchen, the elf is swinging in the air from toilet roll which has covered the whole kitchen, i was quite mesmerised by it if i was honest, it was hanging and the toilet roll was like streamers.

Yet, a scream followed by loud crying took my attention away from the air and down to my daughter who was screaming and crying, rushing to my legs and hiding her face in my thighs.

"Mama! Mama!" She screams loudly, her poor face going red as she raises her arms, i quickly lift her into my arms and hold the back of her head against my shoulder.

"What's the matter baby?" I ask taking a seat on the kitchen chair, yet Y/n only cries harder, pushing back from me and looking up at the elf and screaming even more, tears falling down her face faster than i've ever seen them fall.

I quickly leave the kitchen and stand in the hallway with the kitchen door closed, rocking my hips and bouncing her.

"You don't like the elf huh?" I ask rubbing her back with my thumb, she shakes her head frantically and digs her head into my neck, i debate wether telling her that it's not real or just wait and see if she warms up to it.

"Who doesn't like the elf?!" Tony asks rushing into the hallway, it probably took them all night and they're probably devastated that she doesn't like it.

"Me, elf flying" She hiccups looking at Tony and wiping her eyes, Tony frowns and walks to Y/n and tells me to follow him.

Tony grabs a container from the kitchen and we stand by the elf in the air, Y/n holding onto my so tight that it hurts, but i can't say anything as she's genuinely terrified.

Her grip loosens on me as Tony catches the elf in the container and placed the lid on top of the box, Y/n giggles and wriggles down from my arms, rushing over to the table and looking at the elf through the container.

"Uncle Tony got the elf" She giggles and points to the elf that's in the box, i nod my head and smile at Tony who pats my shoulder and walks out the room, i look back at Y/n who is trying to take the lid off the box.

"Uh Uh, no touching Y/n" I say taking her hands off of the box, she whines and rips her arms out of my hands and turns to me looking up at me with a pout and her arms crossed.

"Bad elf!" She shouts stomping her foot, i smile at her actions and lift her back onto my hip and leave the elf, watching my daughter stick her tongue out at the elf on our way out.

I make my way to the living room and sit down on the sofa next to the boys, sitting my daughter on my lap so she was facing the Tv as they were watching a Christmas movie, she leans back against me, bringing her arm up and playing with my hair.

-