29 - she's like my sister

age: 7
mom:
aunt: scarlett
cousin: rose (8)

-

Y/N'S POV
This week it was my cousin, Rose's birthday. She was turning 8, me and her are only four months apart and she's the older one out of us two which is not good for me because i wish i was the older one but it's okay.

Rose was having a big sleepover, she invited me but the only problem was that she had invited all of her school friends, and me and her had different friendship groups, she had quite a big one and i had a small one.

I was super shy, so i've been really nervous about this sleepover, i've been staying at my auntie Scarlett's house all week for Rose's birthday, her birthday was yesterday but it was Thursday and we can't have sleepovers on school days so we're having it on the Friday instead.

"Y/n, i'm so excited for the sleepover, it's gonna be amazing" Rose cheers jumping up and down holding onto my hand, i smile at her with my finger on my lips, because i'm not so excited.

"Come on girls, your friends will be here any moment" Auntie Scarlett says placing her hand on our backs, i turn my body slightly into hers and rest my head on her stomach.

"Mommy!" Rose squeals as auntie Scarlett starts to tickle us, i tried not to laugh but it was too hard because i'm so ticklish, she soon stops when the doorbell rings.

Rose runs to the door and swings it open whilst i hold onto auntie Scarlett's stomach, some of her friends run into the house squealing and hugging Rose, but i panic and hide behind auntie Scarlett's leg.

Auntie Scarlett understands and lifts me around her front before lifting me into her arms and holding me tightly, i quickly hide my face in her neck and wrap my legs around her waist.

Once all of Rose's friends arrive, Rose suggests that we all go and play, auntie Scarlett places me down which tells me she is expecting me to go with them, i follow them to the stairs but most of them run up and it scares me slightly how many there is and how many of them i don't know.

"Auntie Scarlett?" I say walking into the kitchen where she is putting pizza's in the ovens, she turns around quickly with a smile.

"What's wrong honey? Why aren't you playing with everyone else" Auntie Scarlett asks me, all i do is shake my head and walk over to her, leaning into the side of her as i watch her shut the ovens.

"Are you a bit shy?" Auntie Scarlett asks lifting me back onto her hip, i nod my head and rest it on her shoulder as she walks about the kitchen, clearly everything away.

"Do you want me to come up with you and help you settle in with them?" Auntie Scarlett asks, but i shake my head and wrap my arms around her neck tightly not wanting to go upstairs, auntie Scarlett nods her head and rubs my back.

She lets me help her with baking some cookies, we put them in the ovens on the other side of the kitchen, i'm sort of mesmerised by how many ovens auntie Scarlett has.

"If you're not playing with the girls, do you want a bath tonight instead of tomorrow then?" Auntie Scarlett asks me, i nod my head quickly and jump in her arms, i like baths a lot and a nice bath sounds good to me right now.

"Okay, we'll do that later after dinner" Auntie Scarlett says which makes me sigh, she laughs slightly and holds me in her arms as she walks to the stairs before calling everyone downstairs for some pizza, i take that as my queue to hide in Scarlett's neck, but i hear them all squeal and come running out of Rose's room.

I quickly wiggle down out of auntie Scarlett's arms and run into the living room, shutting the door behind me and sitting on the rug with a sigh, i go over to mine and Rose's toys and pull some out, playing by myself.