31 - Hairat *

Authors note : Hey everyone, I thought IS deserved at update after a month long break, so I penned their wedding night chapter after many requests. This is a warning that the chapter is mostly smut, so I advise for readers to avoid this chapter if uncomfortable. The last 20% is fluff/flirting of the morning after, that you might like 😅

Also, this chapter was inspired by an AI image that I came across of twitter, posted by @S_selenophilex , I shall retweet onto my timeline.

That fateful dusk when Meerab had suffered a nightmare, forcing Murtasim to provide company in her bedroom, her following dream had been interrupted and cut short

That fateful dusk when Meerab had suffered a nightmare, forcing Murtasim to provide company in her bedroom, her following dream had been interrupted and cut short. Her eyes had pulled open from shock of Murtasim tugging her arm to be closer- causing the fairytale to cease. ''Jab tum mere kamre mein soye the, tumhare khwab mei kya hua tha?'' She asked plainly, curiosity unrestrained.  (When you slept in my room, what did you see in the dream?)

He didn't catch on, hands weaving into hers as if that would help. ''Samjha nahi main Meerab,'' he responded in a soft breathy tone, entranced deeper into her bridal attire, the ivory chiffon bordering her skin that was within reach, stuck on the twinkling embroidery that made him doubt that she was even real. (I'm not following Meerab.)

That night, post her nightmare, he remained sleeping on the chair in her bedroom, his unconscious mind dreaming and conjuring up what happened when they stood closer than ever before. He had practically narrated the same scene to Mai - so she prompted, ''tum Mai ko keh rahe the ke khwab mei tasveer khench raha tha khet mein.'' (You said to Mai that in your dream, you were taking photographs in the fields.)

His interest piqued at learning that she was not asleep as he had assumed. ''Tum sun rahi thi?'' He asked, focusing upon the knowledge that he didn't realise she possessed. She had unlocked his mind. (You were listening?)

''Maine bhi dekha tha.'' She shared with shimmering eyes of awe, finally able to tell that her mind rivalled his in creativity- in being soul mates. (I saw it too.)

''Tumne bhi same khwaab dekha?'' He asked in a hesitant hushed tone, both bemused and amazed at the alchemy of their proximity- it was a magical night. Unlike the dream, the dazzling moon had now replaced the sun, encasing them in a hushed night. (You had the same dream?)

Eagerly, she nod, unable to not know a second longer. ''Tumhare nazdeek aane se mein sharam se hat gyi, aur fir tumne mera bazu pakda - fir main jaag gyi. Par tumne aage dekha tha, tou batao kya hua tha,'' She ordered whilst blushing at the ridiculous request. She waited with patient ears, biting her bottom lip in waiting. (I saw the same dream. You came close to me and I looked away from being overwhelmed. You grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer- I woke up. But you saw what happened next, so tell me about the next part.)

A boyish smirk appeared as he knew what happened, so he narrated, ''Tumhara bazu pakadne se tum mere seene se lag gyi.'' He confessed proudly whilst also getting closer to watch the stun on her face. Wide and mirthful eyes, eagerly piecing together the information like puzzle. (I pulled you arm and you collided with my chest.)