𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑⁸

Hey, baby, won't you look my way?

I can be your new addiction

Hey, baby, what you gotta say?

All you're giving me is fiction

"Hope is in dreams, in the imagination and in the courage of those who dare to make their goals come true"

KAEDE was once again up on the mast, this time holding his new and precious hat, when he heard Luffy's scream and let out an excited laugh before shouting with him while Nami looked at them with a smile.

Some time later, they went down to the deck where they were in the living room sitting on the furniture attached to the wall. Usopp arrived to show his new flag and between him and Luffy they began to discuss it. Nami and Kaede looked at each other and then laughed together.

Zoro smiled, letting out a small laugh.

What fools.

Oi ─after calming down, the albino decided to speak and everyone looked at him─. I know you haven't asked me... but I literally see in your eyes that you're thinking about how to ask me why they called me 'heir', right? ─he took out of his pocket the sign that he had torn off that morning and placed it on the table, making the others gasp at the generous reward it emblazoned under his name─. Well, then... let's get started. My name is Kaede, Whittaker D. Kaede, the 'last' heir of Diphda Island ─he said the last bit sarcastically.

Yes, but... why? ─Nami approached him, looking at him intently─. I mean, you're an heir, that's like being a prince, you have everything anyone wants.

Yes, I guess that was the positive thing in my life, but it also had its negative things.

Like what things? ─Zoro asked, noticing that he was speaking in the past tense.

When I found Luffy, I had escaped from my island eleven years ago ─he looked at the ground with a smile─. Being a noble seems fabulous, but living with rules, absence of parents and a conservative and dysfunctional family like mine destroys all your happiness ─that smile faded─. I know it's not enough ─he looked at Nami, who was lying down and crossing her arms─. But I just beg you to be patient. I'll tell you everything, I promise... but now ─he gave everyone one last smile.

You're right, it's not enough, but what you just said is enough for me ─Nami patted him on the back.

Seriously, thank you for understanding.

Friends like these are the ones he needed.

See? This is what being a pirate is all about: freedom ─Luffy hit Usopp's shoulder─. The wind is in our favor from now on.

The sound of a cannon was heard and seconds later the entire ship shook.

What was that? ─Usopp asked hugging Luffy.

Another cannonball was heard and everything shook again, but in a different direction than before.

You had to open your big mouth ─Nami said, standing up, followed by Kaede.

When they reached the top two ships were heading towards them, Dede trembled in disbelief as he recognized one of them.

How-?

Marines, they are attacking us! ─she headed toward the helm.

And not just them ─the albino murmured with his legs trembling.