Chapter one

Y/N's POV
I wake up from the loud sound of my clock. I slam my hand onto it to make it finally shut up. I sit up in my bed, groaning from tiredness. I had almost pulled another all nighter, because I had to do the freak's homework. I could barely finish my own, and probably have to do them during the break. I reach out to my phone, and put it on to look at the time, it's 5:47 am. School starts at 6:30. I put my phone back down, and stand up. I open my drawer, pull out my comb and get out of my room. I walk over to the bathroom, happy that my parents aren't awake currently. I close and lock the bathroom door behind myself, and stand infront of the sink. Looking into the mirror, I could see my messed up hair from sleep. I put on the water in the sink, and splash some of it onto my face, to make sure I'm completely awake. I then grab a shampoo bottle, and put my entire head underneath the tab. The water was going onto my hair. After I washed it, I dried it with the hairdryer. It could possible wake my dad, but he's probably way too drunk already to even budge from the couch. I know for sure that my sister is asleep in her bed. She's going to get fired if she won't go to work soon again.
After I finished my hair, I walk back to my room. I grab myself a black hoodie with a few dark red outlined stars on and a pair of black-greyish baggy jeans and throw them onto myself. After getting dressed, I hide the bloody knife I used to cut myself inside a small opening inside my drawer. I close the drawer, grab my bag and keys and walk out of my room again. I close the door behind myself and walk to the front door. I put on my jacket, throw my bag on my shoulder and went outside. I started walking along the sidewalk towards TK's house. As soon as I reached the front door, I knock on it. My lips curl into a smile. After seven minutes, they came out of the front door. Their hair was shoved underneath their beanie, to hide their barely brushed hair.
"Sorry, sorry I came late. I overslept... again." They apologized while looking a bit worried. I chuckle and pat their shoulder.
"Oh don't worry, TK. It's fine. I'm used to it." I explain, as they chuckled along. They were panting a little. Probably from rushing too much. I open my bag and pull out a comb.
"Here. You should fix your hair." They smile at me and took the comb from my hand. They pulled off their beanie, and hand it to me. I take it and hold it the entire time they comb their hair.
"So. How's your crush with Zyn?" I ask in a teasing way, making them blush.
"I.. uhm.. UGH! I was so close to confessing to him. But Ray was around and kept on cutting me off." They explained, as they continued to comb their hair. I look at them a little sad.
"That sucks. Seriously, does Zyn ever do anything without Ray? I could ask him for his number." I offered. TK shook their head.
"I have his number already. But it just feels wrong to confess to him by using my phone. I would rather talk to him in person.." They explained. I couldn't help but chuckle a little.
"I can't believe I have a hopeless romantic as friend." I said and nudged their arm. They roll their eyes. But there was still a blush on their face.
"Yeah yeah. It's not like you never had a crush or partner." They teased back. I roll my eyes, and they handed me my comb back.
"Well, that just proof's my point. Every guy in this school is just shit. Atleast, for my taste." I said while stuffing my comb back into my bag. I hand TK their beanie back, and they put it on their head again. We then just continue to walk while talking. Then suddenly, I felt snow hitting the back of my head. I turn around to see Bryan. One of the school bullies. But he isn't as popular and harsh as Peter. Bryan used to bully me until Peter took that spot.
"Hah! Right at the back of her head!" He laughed together with his friend. TK brushed the remainings of the snowball off my hair and I hid my head underneath my hood.
"What do these shit heads always have with you?" TK asked, sounding a little mad. I just shrug, and let out a sigh. TK glared back at Bryan, before turning their head back forward. We would have Bryan following after us for atleast ten more minutes. Just then, I feel his arm on my shoulder. I look over to see his other arm on TK's shoulder.
"So," He started. I was preparing myself to hear some shit out of his mouth again.
"Something going on between you two?" He asked with a smug grin. TK rolled their eyes.
"I prefer guys a bit more." TK said bluntly. They knew this wouldn't make anything better, and so did I. Bryan pulled his arm off TK.
"Ugh. A non binary AND gay freak? Disgusting." Bryan said sounding disgusted.
"Actually, non binary and pansexual. I just prefer guys a bit more." They explained. Bryan rolled his eyes.
"As I said, gay." He added, before leaving again. TK looked a bit upset.
"Don't let him get to you, TK. He's just another anti-LGBTQ+ person. Trust me, you're perfect the way you are." I say to them, patting their back. They looked at me with a soft smile.
"Thank's Y/N. Really, I mean it." They said. We both walk into the school and wave each other a goodbye, before splitting up. While TK walked to their math class, I walk to the back of the school. Normally, Peter is there before school actually beginns. If he's not, he should be by the football court, on the bleachers or something. As I walk to the back of the school, I could already see him there. He was on his phone while smoking. I let out a sigh and walk closer to him.
"Hey uhm.. I-" I got cut off. Peter grabbed me by my collar and lifted me off the ground. His arm pressed me against the wall.
"You better have my homework finished, jerk." He said angrily. I nod, and he let me fall to the floor. I quickly get the papersheets out of my bag and held them out to him. He snatched them out of my hand. He glared at me for a short second, before looking over the papers. After he looked through them, he threw them over to his bag and took a drag of his cigarette. The smoke escaped his nose as he exhaled. He looked at me harshly.
"What the fuck are you still doing here? Leave. Now." He said and I give him a nod.
"On it." I say, grabbing my bag that had fallen to the floor. He kicked me in my leg from behind as I started walking away, which almost made me fall. But I was quick enough to catch myself on the wall. Peter just laughed at me, and I continued to walk away.
1265 words