10

KENDALL
THE NEXT DAY

"Mal! Shot?" I call from the kitchen as I pull the tequila out of the pantry.

"Hell yes!" She shouts from my bathroom where she's curling her hair.

"Finn, shot?"

"Why not," he shrugs getting up from the couch.

"What time is it?" I ask Finn as he pulls out the left over orange juice from yesterday out of the fridge.

"We have limes," I chuckle at him.

"He doesn't like limes!" Mal says from the bathroom.

I look up at Finn, my face scrunching in confusion, "Freak."

"It's 4:45," Finn glares at me answering my original question.

"We need to leave in like forty-five minutes," I say pouring the three shots.

It's the Ducks home opener, meaning it's the first time this season I get to see Jamie play live. The preseason doesn't count.

We were supposed to go over to the Strome house for a little pregame thing but we got a little lost on a hike this morning and are now rushing to get ready. Well, Mal and I are, Finn showered, changed and was ready in ten minutes.

I'm literally buzzing with excited as I get ready. I wanna get to the arena early so I can hopefully catch Jamie for a second during warm ups. But I still need to get changed and dry my hair.

"Mal! Come take the shot!" I shout as I cut the lime into two slice for her and I.

She rushes out of the bathroom, half her hair curled the other half tied up into a messy bun.

"Cheers," we all say clicking the glasses together, then tapping them to the table before finally pouring the liquor down our throats. I bite the lime, simultaneously squeezing my eyes shut. The first shot is always the worst.

"Okay now we need to finish getting ready," I look at Mallory who nods and we both head back to my room and bathroom.

-

JAMIE

I skate over to the corner where the family of players can hang out close to the ice before the game.

And there's Kendall, smiling and waving at me as I come to a stop in front of the glass. I smile looking at the jacket she's wearing over her jeans and white shirt, it's the birthday gift Mallory made for her, well it was for a project at school but she made it with Ken in mind.

She up-cycled a leather jacket for Kendall. I had to learn what that even meant from Mallory. It's a thrifted leather jacket Mallory found, then she added '6' patches to the arms, a Ducks logo on the front right panel and 'Zegras' with a big '6' on the back but it's all from other thrifted jerseys and old jerseys the Zegras family had. Then just to add the Mallory touch she added jewels to the outline of all the numbers and letters, she even altered the jacked to be Kendall's perfect measurements.

"Hi! How you feeling?" She asks through the glass, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Good," I smirk at her, "You look good."

I like when she wears my number or something that just ties her to me, because duh she's mine.

A smile pulls at her lips but then she tries to be serious and says, "Stop flirting and focus, Drysdale."

I raise a brow at her. She's trying to act like she doesn't like it but I know she does.

"Where are you guys sitting?" I ask turning to look over my shoulder looking at everyone shooting pucks and stretching.