Chapter 15: Live and Let Live

SORRY FOR THE LONG TIME BETWEEN POSTS BUT I WAS HOMELESS FOR A LITTLE OVER 3 MONTHS, THEN WAS IN AND OUT OF THE HOSPITAL WITH A BAD KIDNEY INFECTION, THEN MY FIANCE GOT STABBED AND ALMOST DIED, I FOUND OUT IM PREGNANT, MY LAPTOP DIED AND A LOT OF OTHER STRESSING DRAMA

BUT NOW IM BACK AND WILL BE POSTING WHEN EVER I CAN!

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THE NEW CHAPTERS I WILL BE POSTING!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              ---------------------------------------Creed's POV-------------------------------------

I awoke to the cool breeze of the night air, looking up past the tree tops I saw the bright glow of the stars that hung proud, surrounded in the embrace of the soothing black cloak of night. Oh how I wish I could climb to the heavens and join such jewels, always to shine bright in the black of night there for all to see.

Reluctantly turning my eyes away from the sky, I looked around for Hidan, oddly he was no where to be seen. I pulled my arms up to me in order to try and sit myself up, but after a massive jolt of pain shot through my belly I stopped and just laid back down.

Time felt as if it stood still as I just laid there looking up at the night sky, as I waited for Hidan to return from whatever he was doing. The night was cool, the scent of freshly bloomed cherry blossoms carried by the breeze blew past my nostrils, filling them with their sweet scent and ruffling my hair like a doting grandfather.

I do not know how much time had passed by the time Hidan had finally returned, with a string of rabbits slung over his shoulder carelessly. I watched as he dropped them on the ground and started up the small cooking fire, that had long since died out and gone cold. Once the fire was going he got to work preparing the rabbits to be cooked, they were small but there was enough of them to make a good meal.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked curiously, as I watched him work.

"Lord Jashin favors you, and I must do all I can to please Lord Jashin" He replied, as he put the first rabbit over the flames.

In no time at all, all the rabbits were cooking over the small fire. The flames sizzled and jumped as the fat dripped off them, and the smell started to make my mouth water. My belly growled loudly, screaming it's want and need of the delicious smelling meat cooking before me. As soon as the first rabbit was done, Hidan took it off the fire and handed it to me. Letting it cool for a minute, I then bit deeply into the juicy meat.

Within no time at all I had finished off three entire rabbits, and my belly was finally full and happy at last. My wound protested as I rolled onto my side, to go back to sleep. It was still night and I wanted to get as much rest as possible so I could quickly heal and return to the leaf for the exams.