Chapter Four: Caitlin, You're Not In Kansas Anymore

I woke up and shook my head, what a strange dream-... oh.

I sigh and climbed out of the bed and went to my wardrobe and pulled on green long sleeve jumper type sleeve, a pair of normal jean's, I put my glasses on, pulled some converse on and grabbed my phone.

I texted my mum,

To Mum:

I'm here, just fell asleep at the house. Hope everything's okay back home and I hope the kid's aren't mucking around xx

 I then walked out and looked right and left...

Okay, I came in that way? No, it was that way.... wasn't it?

"Aww crap"

"Miss?"

"Yay! A person!" I turned, smiling, "I don't really know which way I have to go, i'm a bit confused- oh" I stopped, staring after the Butler as he walk's away silently... right, I guess this is a game of follow the butler. Hopefully, there isn't a murder and everyone find's out the butler did it, and i'm the victim, obviously  because i'm walking after him right now into the line of fire.

 I followed him down the stairs in awe, my jaw permanently opened in a giant 'O' as I followed the butler through the hall ways with wide eyes, "Here, Miss" he say's, pulling a chair out for me, I stand there for a moment, staring at him... why isn't he sitting in his chair - oh wait...

"Oh, that's for me?" I pointed to the big chair, that was one of eighteen and belonged to an extremely long table.

I'm in the dining room, i'm guessing, but it seems more of a giant banquet hall. The Butler nod's and I slowly sit in it, don't stab me, don't stab me, don't stab me- "Ah, Caitlin" I looked up and saw Simon Cowell - my Uncle, walk in.

"Simon" I nodded to him, he sits down at the head of the table, just on my right.

"Bring in the break fast" Simon nod's at the butler... i'm pretty sure the butler has a name, dude... it is... uh... Aaron! That's his name! Thank god I remember it because I don't even remember what day Christmas is or even my birthday for that matter.

~

I stared at the bowl of porridge in front of me... ew. Who eat's porridge, besides Goldilock's? Even then, i'm still a tad bit confused to why she broke into someone's home and out porridge - I mean, screw that, eat the Fruit Loops and GTFO of there.

"So, you will have a week to settle in, then you will start tutoring and start your training to become my heir"

I nod, frowning slightly at the bowl of sludge in front of me, "Good" he stands and start's to walk away, I quickly stand and stare at him in shock.

"Wait!"

He turn's and stares at me, "What?"

"Uh, what will I be doing for a week... and how will the training commence?" I asked my Uncle.

"Whatever you like, as long as you aren't in my way" he then walk's away.

"I thought we were going to spend time with each other..." I say weakly as he walk's out of the front door, and I thought you weren't such a big ass hole.

"Don't worry about it, Mr. Cowell will be back, i'm not sure when, but he will be" I turn to see Jennifer cleaning up the table.

"Let me help you-"

"No, no, it's okay.. this is my job" I sigh and look back at the front door, I guess I will go exploring then?

~

 Room after room, I felt nothing. No excitement, no wonder, just boredom, sure he had this massive study type library to an in-door swimming pool and all, but it seemed to... lifeless, if that makes any sense.

What i'm trying to say here is that it doesn't feel like home. It feels like something that someone made to make the pictures look good, it had no character or personality from my Uncle, and I doubt he's even been in a third of these rooms before. Sigh I went and sat on my bed as I stared up at the roof, I miss my family... and it hasn't even been a proper day without them yet.

Closing my eyes I soon started to realize what i've done.

I'll never get a proper job.

I'll never fulfill my dreams.

I'll never become a writer, a You Tuber or a chef (my dream jobs).

I'll probably never open my own cafe up, and i'll never meet 'my other half' and marry him, it'll be strictly business while sitting in a white room day in, day out, doing the occasional judgment or someone's talent and saying yes and no to people and idea's.

... 

My life is going to become so boring.

Groaning I buried my face into my pillow, maybe this wasn't such a good idea?

A/N: Sorry it's so short :S I promise i'll make the next chapter longer + more interesting! ^.^

~ Caitlin