Chapter One: Tea, Honestly, I Only Wanted Tea

I sat in my computer chair, in a position that made people who do gymnastics be jealous, my feet were propped up on the side of my desk, I was positioned facing the wall, but I had turned my torso so I face my laptop, I also have my left arm holding up my iPod, and my right was typing on my key board... yep, just a normal holiday for me.

I guess, you can say... i'm a vampire. I abosolutely hate and loathe sun light, I love the rain, dark cloud's and coldness. So, living in Australia, isn't really the best climate for me. I'm the odd one out of my family, every cousin, aunt and uncle and grand parent, to my parent's and my siblings, they hate the cold and love the warmth.

My friend's joke and say i'm cold blooded, which is true. I am, legitimately, all the time, cold. I can feel heat, my skin feel's hot and everything, but as soon as my friend's or anyone for that matter, touch my skin, it's ice cold.

So, I guess you can take 'Human' off of the list and put 'Vampire' right on the very top of thing's I could possibly be. Though, it's mostly my cheek's, arm's and hand's, oh, and my feet. The rest of my skin, like my neck and leg's to my back, it just get's warm.

So, maybe you can even add part lizard to that list too. 

I'm one hell of a girl, I tell ya. 

I continued typing on Wattpad, talking to a girl called 'ZLikesWolves' and also writing up the story we were writing together. I had two tab's open for that, I also had one for You Tube, FaceBook, Google and Quotev... yep, i'm just like any normal teenager (that, by the way was sarcasm).

I frowned, my mouth was dry, and for the past four hour's i've been up (It's three PM), I haven't eaten of drunk anything, I sighed, I guess  have to treat my human need's to go on. I pulled my head phone's off, paused You Tube and then stood up, stretching.

I wore what every lazy person wear's, well, my type anyway. I was wearing my Uncle's old shirt, which he gave me... I didn't steal this one. His name is Gavin, and he's mechanic, anyway, i'm also wearing stripey pyjama short's.

I  opened my door and walked straight out, everyone's probably working, Kay and Nick are at a friend's sleep over, and i'm a loner... like usual.

I opened the cup cupboard and pulled out my favorite 'NERDS' cup, and then opened the tea bag jar and put one in my mug, now, sugar, or not? Do I want to stay awake? Yep, no sugar for me then.

I was about to turn the kettle on when I heard some people talking, what? I walked out of the kitchen, must be mum! Maybe she's talking to Natalie on the phone (My aunt - her sister) about her twins!

I walked into the lounge room, and stopped dead... well, it's dad. And someone else, they stopped talking and looked up at me, my dad gave me a look of remorse, and I looked at the guy... right, guy in suit.

Obviously  someone who dad work's with... off back to the Bat Cave! 

With that, I quickly legged it for my room, gosh, never met the guy, and he's already seen me in my pyjama's... well, I guess everyone see's me in my pyjama's, since I basically live in them.

But still... awkward old guy sitting in the lounge room in a expensive suit, talking to my dad, guess it's about his job? Oh my gosh, that better not be his boss... crap.

I heard a knock on my door and I opened my door, "Dad?"

"Caitlin, you need to have a shower, and put clothes on... and then come down into the lounge room" and with that, he walk's away... well, okay then.

So I showered, and I did exactly what he asked me to.

~ Caitlin's Dad's POV ~

I sat in the lounge room, glaring at my brother, "No, Simon, my two children are to young to. I refuse to let them go anywhere near that company"

"It's a family company, brother, and I won't be around forever. I need an heir"

"You, it's alway's about your wanting, isn't it? My children are mine, and I say no. You can not force them into this"

"Then  let me talk to one of them" I can't let him see or even talk to Caitlin, he'll try to get her to go with him.

"Both are under the age of ten"

He frown's "Oh, but-" then Caitlin walk's into the room, in her pyjama's. Her eyes widen, and I stiffen and her eyes widen, then she leg's it out of the room without a word... "And who, is that?" my brother snicker's.

"She isn't going, Simon. She is my daughter, and I refuse to let her become your puppet"

He scowl's at me, "Then just let me meet my niece"

"N-" "Isn't that what an Uncle is suppose to do? Meet their nieces and nephews?"

"I hate how you twist everyone to your own bidding!" I spat and stormed out of the lounge room, and then to Caitlin's room, I knocked and instructed her to change and shower, before I went back into the lounge room.

I sat next to my 'brother', and Caitlin walk's in wearing a pair of jean's and a long sleeved shirt, "Hello, I am Simon Cowell"

"Caitlin Brooks" they shake hand's, and she send's me a confused look.

I sighed, "Caitlin, Simon here is my brother, your Uncle"

Her eyes widen and she stare's at me in shock, then to Simon, "Woah"

"I am here, my dear to offer you a once in a life time chance-" "I said no, Simon!" I yelled at him, but he ignored me.

"I am offering you to become the one heir for Syco Entertainment, our families company. I would like to take you over to London, England and start teaching you as an apprentice, so you will be able to take over the company when the time is right"

Her mouth is opened, into a big 'O', I on the other hand, was fuming, "She isn't going to-"

"Fine, but on my terms" 

"What?" I whisper and stare at my first daughter in shock and horror, she's going to take it... I have failed as a parent.

~ Caitlin's POV ~

"Fine, but on my on terms" "What?" I ignored my father, he need's to know it isn't his fault, I am doing this for him.

"And those term's?" Simon, 'my Uncle',  ask's in a business like tone.

"I want you to pay for my brother and sister's schooling, I want them to go to the best private school that Sydney offer's"

"I can do that-" "I also want you to pay sixty eight percent of the bill's that my parent's are struggling with"

"Okay"

"I also want my parent's to be get a cut of eight percent from the company, for thirty year's. I also want my brother and sister get a private bank set up and both will receive five percent each, for life"

"And how about yourself?" Simon ask's me, amused.

"I will obviously under your care, meaning you take care of me, as you teach me as your apprentice, I will also hope I will be going to school in London too. I don't really care for me, I only want to see my parent's and my siblings future bright and ready for them"

"... I can do that"

"We have a deal?" I asked him, holding out my hand.

I try to ignore my father, he was in shock... which was understandable, "Deal" and we shook.

"I must be off. I will be booking you a flight for next week, same day. I will be waiting for you in London" and with that, he walked out of the front door... wait, holy cow, what'd I just do?!

I turned to my dad and we both looked at each other in shock, "You knew?"

"It's hard not to, you both stress a whole heap over money issues.... I wanted to help you with them"

"Fine...."

Then we both stared at each other, wide eyed "YOU'RE TELLING MUM!" we both screamed at each other, pointing at each other's faces.

Well, guess we both have to break the news to her...

You know, I can't help but feel i've just made a mistake, but I have to do this, for my family.

No matter what the consciences are.