Part 3

A little later, she started driving home. She didn't really want it, but where else could she have gone? To Chris? No. That wasn't an option. She knew she had to break up with him after what she felt with Tim, but that didn't have to be in this moment... or let's say she wanted to delay it as long as possible.

She looked at the clock on the display of the radio in her car. 11:30 am.

She remembered that Tamaras school finished earlier that day, so she decided to take her from there.

"Hi, why are you taking me? Thought you have to work until 8."

Tamara said as motivated as always, but Lucy didn't really listen.

"Hello, earth to Lucy!"

Lucy got flashed back to reality.

"Uh... Sorry..."

She just said and started driving.

Of course, Tamara noticed something was wrong, and the kiss was the nearest thing.

And because she didn't know what happened this morning, she started teasing her with that.

"And... what did you and Tim do today?"

She really just wanted to tease her a little, but she didn't know that it hurt her.

"Not today, Tamara."

She just answered barshly. "Oh... eh... I'm sorry I didn't want to..."

She stumbled apologyzing.

☑ 05

"No... no, it's not your fault..."

It started flashing through her mind again, and it hurt. It hurted and she let out a little tear.

                      ------------------
"Hey."

"Hey."

...

"We need more work on our backstory..."

...

"Come on..."

...

"It... Lucy, it-"

"Yeah, this man was so wreird..."

...

"You know what? I'm good!"

                    ----------------

"I'm good..."

She whispered when Tamaras' warning voice ripped her out of the past.

"Lucy, watch out! Lucy!"

She focused back on the road where a car was crashing right into Tamaras side of the car...

The next thing Lucy remembered is how Grey called her name for the third time.

"Chen?! The driver was you?"

She nodded, slighty.

Yes, she had been the driver. She was the reason that she saw how Tamara got taken away by an ambulance with big red sirens, which seemed to eat the million little pieces of her just low beating heart.

"Ok... How are you?"

"Eh... I'm good... I didn't see the car coming, you know? I know I should've focused on the street, but... something personally... doesn't matter... over there is a cam. Did you check it? I... I know it was my fault, but in case the really really little probability it wasn't, please..."

She sighed.

"Chen, it's okay. It wasn't your fault. You couldn't have done anything. It was the fault of the other driver, who is fine, actually."

A slight smile appeared on her face.

"Ok..."

She said, silent.

'It wasn't your fault.'

She heard the words coming out of his mouth but didn't really believe them. But thenn something else made her entire body hurting and pulling together.

"OMG! How is Tamara?"

She started crying again.

She had cried so often that day she had stopped counting.

The worse day ever...