Why? - V

Bruce tiredly woke up to his alarm blaring in his ear. "Morning, Vance," he mumbled, rolling onto his back. Nothing. "Vance?"

"He left last night, dipshit," Amy walked in, already ready for school. She had almost a smug look on her face, as if she knew something Bruce didn't. And knowing Amy, she probably did.

"What? Why?" Bruce asked, sitting up. In fact, it really looked as if Vance had never even been there.

Amy just rolled her eyes, "dad and mom heard something from your room. I guess he fled before he was caught." She walked into Bruce's room, straight to the hammock. "He even left his stuff here," she said, holding up a switchblade and lighter, along with Vance's shirt.

Bruce slipped out of bed, walking over to Amy. "I'll give him his stuff at school," he said, holding out his hand.

"Nope," Amy shook her head, "I'm going to. I need to talk to him at lunch anyways."

Bruce sighed. He had forgotten that, even though Amy was a freshman, she had the same lunch as him, Vance, and the others. "Whatever, Amy," Bruce rolled his eyes, grabbing a semi-clean blue and white shirt off the ground and some jeans from his dresser. "I'll be downstairs in a little bit," he muttered, watching as Amy left the room.

Deep down Bruce has a gut feeling that Vance was upset with him. He couldn't really understand why. Unless..he heard him talking to Robin? Bruce really hoped he didn't hear that—cause Bruce wasn't fully telling Robin the truth. He didn't view Vance as an attention seeker. He knew Vance had his problems, he knew Vance struggled controlling his emotions. He even knew that Vance wasn't a huge asshole all the time.

Beep..beep..beep. "Ugh..." Vance groaned, turning in the old, uncomfortable mattress he laid in, bringing the thin sheet with him. Beep beep beep beep! "Jack! Turn that shit off it's giving me a headache!" Vance finally yelled, anger tracing his tone.

"Sorry, Vance," Jack, Officer Brown, yelled tiredly back. Vance could hear as Jack hit the snooze button before rolling back into his bed.

Vance, now unable to sleep, groaned into his pillow before sitting up. He glanced at the clock next to him, taking a moment to process what it said. 8:00. Class had officially started, and Vance was nowhere near campus. He sighed and decided against going to school. He was going to have the day to himself.

In the kitchen he sneakily grabbed a beer from the fridge and quietly watched TV at the dining table, but then the phone began to ring. It startled Vance a bit, but hearing as Jack snored down the hall, he decided to answer it. "Hello, this is officer Jack Brown's house, how can I help?" He groggily answered.

"Vance? Where the hell are you?! Why aren't you at school?" Amy asked from the other line. Vance could hear as other students were around, not listening, but talking with their friends.

Vance sighed deeply before answering, "your brother was shit talking me to Robin over the phone and I heard most of it, I snuck out when I heard your parents coming to check on him, and I didn't want to go to school."

"Ugh, I was going to give you your switchblade and lighter but I guess not," Amy huffed.

"Or just bring it after school. Finney, Robin, and Bruce are all walking to Robin's place, so I'm sure Gwen will be with them," Vance explained, "I don't want to walk all the way to campus."

He heard as Amy huffed and hung up. Vance scoffed, rolling his eyes and walking back to the dining table to watch more TV.

For a bit it was just the same; vance watching TV and occasionally grabbing smaller snacks. But soon Jack joined him. "You're gonna be staying with me for a few days, kid," Jack said, pulling a beer from the fridge. "Your dad got arrested for causing a scene at your school and public indecency."