Chapter 8: Reciprocity

Luca's POV:
"So, will you go out with me?"

As soon as I heard these words come out of Alberto's mouth, my brain ceased to function properly. I couldn't believe it...

When I saw him start to shake, my first instinct was to grab both of his hands to calm him down. Does he think I'll really reject such a beautiful confession? From the boy I've been crushing on for years no less?!

This is a dream come true!

Once he stopped shaking, I knew I had to do the one thing I've been wanting to do for years. Something that I now think we both want.

I look into his emerald green eyes for a second before closing my own eyes and leaning in to kiss him. I'm not sure how to kiss so I do my best to make it as good as possible.

Alberto doesn't move, not even his mouth. He's as still as a statue. As I retreat my face away from his thinking he didn't like it, he immediately grabs my face and kisses me back, harder. It's as if he knew what I was thinking.

We stay together like this for a good 15 seconds, our lips moving and bodies swaying in this treehouse of ours. I pull away first since I couldn't breathe. Oh how I wish I wasn't this breathless above water.

I look back up at Alberto into his eyes once more, taking in the beauty of his existence. He starts to pout and little, probably because he wanted to continue our kiss.

"Um, sorry about t-that! I needed s-some air haha.." I very awkwardly say to him so that he stops cutely pouting.

"I-It's okay! I- uhh..." Alberto stammers in response.

"In case you missed it, the k-kiss meant that I like you too. A lot! I like you a lot, Al!" I exclaim, worried that he would somehow get the wrong idea.

Instead of a response, Alberto hugs me tightly instead, as if I'll disappear. Of course, I hug him back, resting my head in his shoulders with a smile on my face.

Alberto's POV:
I hug him, not only to be closer to him (though I don't mind at all), but because I could start to feel tears coming. I shouldn't cry at a moment like this, and Luca definitely shouldn't see me cry. It's embarrassing.

I play with his hair as tears fall down my face silently. I couldn't hold them in any longer. Finally, the love of my life was mine and I couldn't be happier, and I guess my body was so relieved to know that he liked me back.

Before I could compose myself, Luca broke away from the hug and looked at me to say something, but with the obvious stream of tears on my face, his expression immediately changed.

"Al! Why are you crying? Did I hurt you??!" Luca says worriedly. He cares so much about me, I love this feeling. All I could do in response was smile and cry more.

"I-I'm sorry! Please stop crying, it hurts me seeing you like this. W-What can I do?" Luca blurts at me, wiping away my tears and softly caressing my cheeks.

"You did absolutely nothing wrong." I announce calmly, taking his hands into my own. "You could never hurt me."

This seems to relax him. Luca smiles at me and pecks me on my nose. "You got me worried there for a second, Al."

Suddenly, the sounds of running footsteps draws nearer and nearer to our sacred spot. No one else knew that we were here, except for-

"HEY GUYS! SO ARE YOU TWO TOGETHER NOW OR WHAT!?" Giulia loudly yells up at us. We both look outside the window down at her and we see her slowing down. She's smiling brightly as usual, hoping for good news.