Chapter 6 - Setting Up

Luca's POV:
We walked back to Alberto's house in silence. It's the type of silence that isn't awkward at all, just refreshing, no need to say words to each other.

My hands brushed against his a few times already. I didn't realize how close we were walking to each other.

After a while, I started fidgeting with my hands to avoid another occurrence of touching his, because every time they did, I would go red as a tomato, and I didn't want Alberto to see.

"Hey, are you alright Luca?" Alberto asked me, eyeing my hands for a second. Guess he noticed the fidgeting I was doing.

"Y-yeah! Of course I am eheh." I managed choke out. We were still walking but now Alberto kept staring at me. "What is it?" I questioned.

"Oh, nothing, I just think you're cute." he responded, immediately clasping both his hands over his mouth in disbelief.

There was a brief pause before he spoke again. "I-I mean you are cute - ugh - I mean, it's cute when you do that with your hands haha." he stammered out.

My eyes were wide open in shock of what I just heard. He called me cute. Or did he mean my fingers? Friends call each other cute right? It's not weird or anything, right?

I decided to believe that this is something regular friends do. He surely thought of me as a friend, but I knew deep down I didn't. It's a compliment to be considered as cute, and Alberto is really handsome, maybe I can compliment him back with hidden intentions.

"Thanks Alberto. I think you're also pretty handsome." I said looking directly at him, my confidence level rapidly increasing. I knew what I was doing and I don't think he would even catch on.

Alberto's POV:
Did he just, call me handsome?!

As if my eyes could go any wider, it did. I gave him a smile, and he smiled back, and neither of us said anything after that. We continued our walk to my house in silence once again.

Every so often, I'd see him smiling at himself or silently giggling. It's so cute, but what was he thinking about to make him smile like that? Or who?

~

We finally made it back to my house, it didn't take us that long, but after what happened earlier I was a bit exhausted.

"We're home!" I shouted in hopes that Dad or Giulia would hear me. No response-

"WHAT'S UP BROTHER!" a girl roared out from upstairs. A peddle of feet running down the stairs immediately followed.

I turned my gaze from the stairs to Luca, who was also looking at where the shout came from.

"I need to talk to Giulia for a second, make yourself at home as usual okay?" I said softly to him.

"Oh, okay then Al, I'm going to watch TV then." he said as he grabbed onto my shoulders and leaned into my ear. "And don't take too long." he whispered.

Giulia's POV:
Those two didn't notice I was already downstairs. I watched as Luca held onto my brother's shoulders and lean into his ear. By the looks of Alberto's red face, Luca probably said something wild.