Demjin

A/N: woah it's been a while. Sorry guys, I've had a hell of a lot go on. Including but not limited to: flashbacks, PTSD trouble, losing a friend group, gaining a new friend group, and overall not fun things. Here's a thing I wrote off of Doja Cat's song Demons
Also it's sort of Poly Crows but I just wanna have fun. Soooo tysm for reading!!

Wylan's POV:

The rest of the Dime Lions wanted to take a last stab at Kaz's new empire.

Wylan had just wanted one dinner. One nice dinner with the Crows. But of course, it had to be ruined.

So, they tried to take over Fifth Harbor, while the Wraith was docked for the newest visit, and while all of Kaz's crows were gathering before they'd go get dinner.

They'd managed to kidnap all the crows. Wylan knew where they'd taken them, anyone from Ketterdam knew the distinct machine sounds of the Warehouse district. But these guys were really trying, so Wylan had to give them an E for Effort.

Wylan sighed to think about it. About seven men surrounding them with the Crows all standing against one wall. Everyone's hands were tied in front of them with rope, but Wylan was pretty sure that everyone was actually free. Jesper was just playing with the rope to fidget, making it seem like he was struggling. And really, any of the crows could take all seven down easily. Wylan didn't know why they hadn't just got out of here already.

Wylan kept his hands infront of him out of respect, making it look like he was still being a good little hostage.

Oh wait the leader guy was saying something.

"-and that's how we're gonna make our own gang and take over Ketterdam."

Kaz was squinting at the leader and raised an eyebrow. The Barrel King was probably gonna critique the hell out of the poor man, if he didn't just beat him first.

Instead, Kaz straightened, and gently held his hands in front of him. He simply flicked his sleeve and produced a playing card in his gloved hands.

Then he raised the playing card to eye level, holding it between two fingers carefully. (clearly he was free too, show-off)

Wylan just rolled his eyes, trying to see if Matthias was free too.

Matthias's POV

Matthias had been free the moment the stupid captors had looked away. The Druskelle hadn't taught him much, but they'd taught him enough.

Matthias was tied up by Kaz, and watched the Barrel King pull a card out of his sleeve with ease.

The Fjerdan rolled his eyes. This Black Magic Man could do anything.

"That was quite the speech," Kaz said sarcastically.

"Well, it's not like you can do anything about it Brekker. There's seven of us, all armed, and all the rest of your little crew is tied up. Your little witch is powerless right now and your Wraith doesn't have her claws," he motioned to Nina and Inej. "Your mercher was hated by his father and can barely sign a decent deal, and your sharpshooter doesn't have his precious revolvers. All we need to do is wave some wager at him, maybe he'll turn coat ja?"

The leader scoffed and Kaz's eyes seemed to darken.

"And your Fjerdan, I heard he turned coat on his own country. Must be useless as he is tall."

Kaz didn't reply, but he growled. The growl was feral and dangerous, like a cornered monster just waiting to strike.

Kaz moved to step forward, and the men raised their guns. Matthias extended a hand infront of Kaz. The Fjerdan rested a hand on Kaz's chest gently.

Kaz's eyes darted to the Fjerdan. Matthias knew he should be afraid. He should back down. But something in him steeled and kept his hand there. Something in Kaz's eyes spoke of a hell only Dirtyhands knew. His eyes looked different than usual, and Kaz could see why people thought Dirtyhands and Kaz were two different entities.

"Aww, your Fjerdan is gonna protect ya. How sweet. So defensive, Brekker. Don't like my comments about your crew? Well maybe I could say a few about you ja?

"Whatcha gonna do, Brekker? Kill us? You're just a pathetic little boy trying to play at the big table."

The leader scoffed and Kaz's eyes seemed to darken.

"Pekka should've taken you to the barge when he had the chance."

Kaz replied, his voice laced with a dark growl. "He already tried once."

The leader laughed, hooking his thumbs in his belt loops. "He should've done it. I'm sure there's plenty of people that'd love to see you floating in the harbor, all pale with death. Maybe we could throw your little crows here in with you, see how well they'll swim."

Matthias knew he shouldn't have. That he should be merciful to the poor people. But when Kaz's freezing stare met his again, he shrugged.
"Fine, go ahead."

"You should protect Brekker from us, boy." One of the men snarled.

"Oh I'm not protecting him from you," Matthias said simply. "I'm was protecting you from him."

Kaz's smile was twisted and feral, like a starving hellhound just given fresh souls.

"Go on, my Demjin."

With Matthias's words, Dirtyhands darted forward and started swinging.

The crows just stood there, happy to watch their Brekker cackle. He broke a man's knee, recommending a cane, and pummeling him with a crow's head. Somebody fired a gun, and Jesper just lazily made sure the bullet was buried in a Dime Lion's limb.

By the time he was done, Kaz was breathing heavy.

"You back with us?" Jesper asked lightly.

Kaz shrugged, but once Matthias got close, Kaz heavily leaned into the Fjerdan for support.

"Sorry we didn't get to go to dinner."

"It's alright," Nina said with a smile. "I still got to con Jesper out of some money. I figured you'd be proud."

"Hey!!" Jesper whined. "I just said that the one guy would have a broken knee instead of shoulder!!"

Kaz hugged a laugh, but grimaced as Inej slipped under his other arm for support.

"Breathe, I'm right here," Inej's voice was silk. Matthias smiled to see Kaz relax at her words.

He hummed something like "I know" and happily let Matthias and Inej pull him along.

"I vote we go for dinner at that one restaurant. I didn't think it was that bad-"Jesper piped up.

"No Jesper." The crow's chorused together.

They were together though, and that's all that mattered. Maybe date night wasn't so bad after all.

A/N: publishing this before I have second thoughts. Is it weird and useless? Yeaaaaah but idk I wanted to write something weird. I'll be working on requests from now on I'm sorry to the people who've been waiting!!! DM me for requests or anything specific you want to see done.