Piano (prt 3)

Inspired by; Dancing With Your Ghost by Sasha Alex Sloan and Brother by Kodaline
(Yes the lyrics are mashed up together, yes I altered just a few things. Sorry if u were expecting copy and paste lyrics.)
(Btw ima change the pov a bit so instead of I it'll say the characters actual name. Same pov as listed tho)

*a few days later*
Kaz's POV

It had been a hard day. Two enemy gang fights, three separate groups trying to jump him, and the newest (and youngest) Dreg got drunk and tried to pick a fight with an even more drunk older member.

Breaking that up had been the final thread.

Kaz put the end of his cane on the old member's chest, grabbing the younger one by the scruff of his collar.

The whole Slat went quiet. All the gathered Dregs watched in anticipation.

"I don't care what you do with your free time," Kaz hissed.

"But next time you feel the need to start a fight, you can find yourself in front of my office. You wanna fight somebody? You can fight me. You don't fight your own, that tattoo on your arm is like blood. You don't fight your own blood. If you wanna fight then step to the table and play the house. You'll see just what cards and anything else I keep up my sleeve." Brekker finished the declaration with a growl.

The younger one looked at Dirtyhands with testing eyes, the older one's gaze simply held respect.

"The Dregs are more than just a gang. All of you are brothers and sisters. Call me what you want, but I am not your fucking parent. Go whining to someone else, but don't you dare pick a fight here."

At the mention of brother something stirred in the back of Kaz's mind like dust in an old bottle.

Brekker let the younger one go, he promptly stalked off. The older member simply nodded, the Barrel Boss knew he'd already earned his respect.

Kaz looked to the bar, and found Pim. He nodded, signaling he knew what the boss needed him to do. He would go talk some sense into the younger member, and explain why fighting Dirtyhands was such a big deal.

The Slat was still quiet.

Kaz's voice reached the beams, the rock on rock tone they had all become accustom to.

"Anybody else feel like a fight?"

He was met with more silence.

"Good. Now get back to work. I'm sure you all have jobs to get done." Everybody busied themselves quickly.

Kaz looked to the corner of the room, he felt his presence again, even if the boy wasn't even alive.

Jordie's glassy eyes stared back at him, the rest of him was the same as the day they'd left Ketterdam. Roughed up clothes from finishing the farm chores one last time, his pants just a little too short because of his mid-summer growth spurt. His hair was tousled, longer than Kaz's present day close cut. The only thing not quite alive about Jordan Rietveld was his eyes. They haunted Kas, every shadow, every corner of every room, every where he looked Jordie waited.

Kaz turned away. But he didn't go up to his office just yet.

Instead, he made his way to the Van Eck residence.

Using back alleys and shortcuts, Kaz limped himself to the mansion. Not long after his first reacquaintance with a piano, Wylan offered that Kaz could come play whenever he needed.

Brekker intended to take up that offer today.

Kaz knocked on the door when he saw it was locked, as well as all the other windows. The deadly boy hadn't had the energy to pick the new locks yet. He knew they were top quality and would take too long to pick, so he might as well come in through the front door for at least a few days.