Chapter 2: Abstracted

As they walk down the hallway of rooms, Pomni asks Ragatha some questions. Esme hugs herself as she walks, with Jax following. They reach Kaufmo's door and Ragatha knocks.

"Thank goodness this is all a dream, right Pomni?~" says Jax.

Pomni is lost in thought and doesn't answer him. Jax slaps her face gently to bring her back to reality. Ragatha rings the doorbell again, no answer.

"Maybe he's not in his room? I hope he's alright," says Ragatha, seeming concerned.

Jax pulls out a key to Kaufmo's room and starts unlocking the door, Ragatha standing there flabbergasted. He soon gets the door open, only for everyone to see that Kaufmo's room is infested with handwritten "Exit" signs all over. A giant glitchy creature with multi-colored eyes replaces where Kaufmo should have been. Jax notices his bowling ball on the floor and picks it up.

"Ah, I've been looking for this! Thanks for keeping an eye on it Kaufy. I'ma head out, see ya."

Jax grabs Esme's hand before dashing off, leaving Pomni and Ragatha to deal with Kaufmo.

                           ********************************************************

Jax stops at the Gloink hole, where Gangle and Kinger are left standing. Esme is out of breath and is holding onto the wall for support.

"How is Kaufmo doing? I hope he's not still mad at me for not laughing at his jokes," says Gangle, sadly.

"Oh he's doing greeeeeaaaaat. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen him this happy before." Jax exclaims.

"Really?" says Esme.

"He actually asked me to give you this."

Jax takes out the bowling ball and throws it at Kinger, who falls into the hole, dragging Gangle with him. Jax jumps in as well. Esme groans loudly and falls backward into the hole.

Esme tumbles down a slide for a while until she lands on the ground. She looks up to see Gangle and Kinger beside her. She brushes herself off and stands next to Jax, looking up to see a huge two-headed creature spewing out Gloinks. She looks over at Jax and whispers,

"Gross, it looks like a demented rainbow. With eyes."

"Agreed."

The creature notices them and says with disgust,

"What non-Gloinkidion mass dares presume presence in the nest of the Gloink Queen?"

Jax examines the tips of his glove and crosses his arms.

"Oh, is that who you are? You know you could have asked for my consent before forcing me to see something so completely and utterly disgusting."

Esme chuckles and holds one hand on her mouth.

The Gloink Queen is furious.

"How despicable! A rabbitoid that runs its mouth in the presence of my royal figure!"

Kinger is just about to convince the queen to give them Zooble when her head passes by them, carried by several Gloinks. She is really pissed.

"Ugh, help me, you idiots!"

"Kinda rude Zooble. Now I don't wanna help you," says Jax.

"Wow, rude much?" says Esme.

Kinger and Gangle do rock-paper-scissors, Kinger winning inevitably, and he tries to grab Zooble. Unfortunately, his hands aren't attached to his body, so they just stick to Zooble as she gets eaten by the Gloink Queen. Gangle whimpers.

"She'll be fine." Jax sighs.

Jax notices a Gloink glitching and makes sure no one sees that before re-directing his attention to the Gloink Queen.