7

*

Diana's head was an intricate mess as she looked at Iandrus. Was Iandrus always this kind of person? She couldn't really remember very well. As the person she spent more than half her life with, what kind of thoughts were running through Iandrus' head?

Ever since that incident, Iandrus was entirely ruined in her eyes, so it was hard for her to remember. He never once looked back towards his family, only ever lamenting his own tragedy and his own misfortune. Even so, Diana loved the unfortunate prince and was forced to walk the path of ruin with him.

But what was he like before that?

He was a cynical boy with little interest in Diana, but was there something else she was missing?

Maybe Diana's memory was flawed? Both back then and today, Iandrus' actions were entirely different from how she remembered him being.

"Is there something wrong with you, Your Highness?" Diana asked amidst the silence.

Iandrus might be watching Diana, trying to get close to her to see if she was just pretending to be crazy or if she really was. But at Diana's sharp glare, Iandrus responded calmly.

"I just want to pray."

"Pray for what?"

"For the things I can't remember." His voice was heavy, unlike his youthful age.

This was the conclusion that Iandrus had come to after days of thinking about it. If Diana's words were true, then that meant the two of them actually had a child together. And then that child....

I killed her.

Iandrus wanted to ask for forgiveness and pray for the child he could not remember. Diana's expression was far too pained for him to set this aside simply because he had no memory of what happened. That desperate face that looked as though it would collapse was filled with so much painful resentment.

The Diana that he knew would not joke so lightly about the death of someone.

That's why he came to the Philadelphia estate as soon as he woke up this morning. He wanted to sincerely apologize for speaking ill of Diana's black dress and for the things only she knew about.

"........You don't have to do that."

It was like what they said when people turn over a new leaf once they're reborn. Diana couldn't understand the fifteen year old Iandrus at all. Rather than suddenly changing, he seemed like an entirely different person. But even so, Diana didn't want to accept Iandrus.

"Diana."

"....I don't understand why you're doing this all of a sudden. You never once acted kindly to me."

"That's..."

"Do what you've been doing up until now, Your Highness. That's the only thing I want from you. Return to the castle and tell everyone that Diana Philadelphia has lost her mind. That she's defective. They won't be able to encourage a wedding between a prince and flawed girl, but the relationship between our families won't be broken, so-"

"I can't do that." Iandrus cut her off firmly.

Now she was finally seeing something familiar. Funnily enough, Diana was really relieved right now. Yes, this was the face she knew Iandrus Leonid by. That cold, fierce expression that told of no emotion.